SkyRC MC3000: Ultimate Program Guide

SYZYGY

Enlightened
Link to Program Generator Spreadsheet

Introduction:

This is probably the best charger on the market because of how configurable it is and how you can have its four slots doing different jobs simultaneously. However, unless you already know a lot about batteries, it can be hard to know if your programs make sense even after reading the official manual.

This is the guide I wish existed when I got my charger.

Quick Start:

Find the datasheet for your cell. Duplicate a worksheet of the same battery type (e.g. a LiIon program sheet) and change the inputs to match you cell specs. At minimum, you need to put in the cell capacity.

I copied and pasted many notes from the official manual. You can hover over relevant spreadsheet cells to view them. For example, all of the program parameters have notes you can view.

1677372141366.png

Last edited:

SYZYGY

Enlightened
please ask questions, nit pick (no matter how pedantic), and contribute/suggest. i have no personal experience so far with 'refreshing' NiMH, so take a look at that especially.

i only have a couple of programs so far to serve as templates. once people are satisfied with that, i can add more. i'd also be open to adding other users as editors on the google sheet.

AlexLED

Enlightened
Excellent, thanks !!!!
Any chance to open the spreadsheet directly in google docs !?

sonofcy

Newly Enlightened
please ask questions, nit pick (no matter how pedantic), and contribute/suggest. i have no personal experience so far with 'refreshing' NiMH, so take a look at that especially.

i only have a couple of programs so far to serve as templates. once people are satisfied with that, i can add more. i'd also be open to adding other users as editors on the google sheet.
Any chance to get NA values, and will SKY release a firmware update for NA? I can do a Charge pgm but can't do any full discharge the lowest it goes is 2.5V and NA needs 1.5V

Mandrake50

Newly Enlightened
As I told you in a different place, I am doubtful that SKYRC will do much as far as further major development of the firmware for the MC3000. But maybe we will be surprised. Have you tried contacting them directly to ask this question.
I notice that Enova is considering adding NA-Ion cell charge/discharge cycles to its new S8000 charger.

sonofcy

Newly Enlightened
As I told you in a different place, I am doubtful that SKYRC will do much as far as further major development of the firmware for the MC3000. But maybe we will be surprised. Have you tried contacting them directly to ask this question.
I notice that Enova is considering adding NA-Ion cell charge/discharge cycles to its new S8000 charger.
I can't afford to buy another charger. I have not contaced them to ask, I would not expect an answer. I can charge with the Li profile and discharge with the LTO profile after setting V and A as appropriate. It will be inconvenient, but I will get by.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured out how to revive older cells that don't hold a charge anymore with this. Though its not as good as the Rayovac Ps1 charger as I can leave it alone, I have to change to a lower mA charging rate and utilize the trickle charge which is better than the LaCrosse chargers I have and the Opus charger doesnt always trickle charge them.

The Opus will charge the battery at the level it can handle which makes it easy which batteries will need to be charged with the Rayovac charger or I can charge them with the SkyRc.

Sure there is no reason I couldn't just go buy new Eneloops but I find it fun to see what the older batteries can or can't do which is usually they just won't stay charged long enough to use within a month but since I recently found this method to work well and the batteries also work better its essentially a break in method for older cells.

I thought I had killed one of my Energizer AAAs but it works fine now as I let it cook for awhile in the Rayovac charger.