Hey bike people

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah the rear derailer fixed it just went with the advent will sell old one or put it on a bike thats 8 speed. and with my knees now id doubt it put enough wattage down to even have the issue with old one lo

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Here it is as it now sits please don't see my water bottle and assume j should be the king of cpf I also won't sell autographs I know it's a classy water bottle

Attachments

• 20240520_125734.jpg
    20240520_125734.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240520_125716.jpg
    20240520_125716.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

Buff

Enlightened
Glad it all worked out for you. I ride the trails around my area which is the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. Started on my old 1993 Trek 7000 i dug out of dormancy having a local Trek dealer give it a tune up and new cables. Only charged me $50.
I then purchased a new Trek Marlin 7 like a Cadillac compared to the 1993. The Marlin was to be my wife's as i ordered a Trek Roscoe 8 but this was during supply chain issues due to covid and after waiting 7 months got a Specialized Fuse and my God its wonderful.
So fast forward to this year.
IMG_6759.jpeg

Finally got clearance to get my totally shot knee replaced. I'm on the start of my 4th week of daily therapy both in home visits and by myself doing the program they gave me. It is not for the faint of heart.
IMG_6760.jpeg

I would be willing to say this year the trails will not see my tread mark impressions. Oh well

Buff

Enlightened
On the drug front i was up to 6 Advil(ibuprofen) and 4 extra strength Tylenol a day. The pain with a totally shot knee during a flare up is in my case near suicidal. And not being able to walk for a month at a time is very depressing.
After surgery i was on Oxy and after 3 weeks i felt it did great on the surgical pain enabling me to push the limit during therapy and sleeping too.
But i was starting to panic as to what if doc cuts me off and found some old Oxy i hadn't used i was given when knee was bad over a year ago.
That's when i just stopped taking it. Now i know what an addict thinks and it's scary.
I am told i won't be able to run on the new prosthesis as they aren't made for that but i do enjoy hiking as much as trail riding and if the pain goes away all is good.
IMG_3017.jpeg

Marlin on the trail.
IMG_3162.jpeg

The Fuse different trail.
And yes when i raced my bikes never had that "dork" ring but i don't race and honestly if my chain goes into the spokes and damages them
Well it won't will it?
IMG_1642.jpeg

My Trek 6.5 Madone Pro when i transitioned from racing to riding centuries for fun. Fast is fun. Lol

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Too low of a seat/saddle is the absolute worst thing for you knees.
in the down pedal position, there should only be a slight bend in your knee