raggies random remarks ....

raggie33

*the raggedier*
city boy teahces country boy to survive i not only caught a huge cat fish well with some one else pole he was just talking bs i saw a bite hapening and snaged it hooked huge catfish lol. then he had to get net. . then a gator tried to get the fish lol. no pics i had camera at home and it was pitch dark. plus i kept waving hand in water trying to get gator to come back wheich scared the humans lol. i told them its a gator not croc lol

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank goodness some musicians chose to not stay in their own lane.

Case in point -

Plenty of great bands dabbled elsewhere, Police with reggae, Eagles with country, hair metal bands did love ballads, Everlast (who is a rapper) with rock and blues ,etc.

What makes them different than country singers dabbling in rap? I honestly couldn't tell you with words, it just sounds stupid.

Funnily enough after years of making fun of this exact thing, my buddy introduced me to the inverse of this, a rapper dabbling in country. It too sucked, but was kind of interesting to notice there was a difference between rap country and country rap.

iacchus

Enlightened
I've been kind of getting into bluegrass/folk lately, it's nice to find newer bands that still have some heart and soul in them. Have any recommendations?
For the heavy hitters, there's Sam Bush, Bill Monroe, David Grisman etc.
Punch Bros, Chris Thile, and Allison Kraus for more modern.
Old Crow Medicine Show's album Big Iron World is a treat.
There's a whole world of great Americana stuff. Try Carolina Chocolate Drops, the Wood Bros, and Andrew Bird's album Hands of Glory too.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You will be a perfect fit for NYC if the Aliens don't eat your Taco's & Squat in your Apartment. while your out busy Dumpster Diving.
I've been in NYC since 1979, and would prefer to be in Cleveland. Best friend moved out to Ohio over a decade ago (yes we keep in touch often). I'd be happy with Columbus.