What did you use your flashlight for today?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Does anyone even care about quality tools?
Honestly, I'm not a contractor; nor do I work for one.
I don't make money off of my power-tools, and they get little use.
A man is supposed to have tools. I do. Tons of respect for Milwaukee.
Also DeWalt, Makita, and the other brands with excellent reputations.
I have a handful of Milwaukee tools, and a DeWalt router.

Thing is, if a Mitsubishi Mirage meets a persons needs, it makes no sense to wonder why they haven't bought a Lexus LX600 Ultra Luxury SUV for significantly more money.

I do care about quality tools. Definitely have some.
Thing is, I can't afford a bunch of quality Milwaukee tools.
I can afford a bunch of Ryobi tools that get the job done.
Heck, I bought the NoCry because Ryobi can't make a good cordless electric screwdriver, no matter how often they try.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Heck, I bought the NoCry because Ryobi can't make a good cordless electric screwdriver, no matter how often they try.
This turns my Ryobi cordless drill into a cordless electric screwdriver.

1715614673037.png

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I decided to edc a Streamlight TL3. It would have been a top light back in the day and gets the job done. A teen girl got this fish thing from temu and I decided to take some pics and here are the various stages of editing.

Later on I get tasked with searching the business for narcotics. They company is having a crack down on anyone caught possessing or using. I searched a restroom with the TL3 focusing on trash cans and didn't find any evidence.

Attachments

• 6C78F55E-0C9F-40BE-9F83-8542AB37D22B.jpeg
    6C78F55E-0C9F-40BE-9F83-8542AB37D22B.jpeg
    756.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 1DB70C79-14B8-4D6D-86DD-5568113E4F30.jpeg
    1DB70C79-14B8-4D6D-86DD-5568113E4F30.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 8AD70EE4-64EE-44BA-86AD-ECE8734044A7.jpeg
    8AD70EE4-64EE-44BA-86AD-ECE8734044A7.jpeg
    515.8 KB · Views: 14
  • CC25EB0D-0838-4C2D-892B-F7D04D7F1392.jpeg
    CC25EB0D-0838-4C2D-892B-F7D04D7F1392.jpeg
    542.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 8AEEF511-8325-4CC1-9270-3C1AE168F29D.jpeg
    8AEEF511-8325-4CC1-9270-3C1AE168F29D.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 15

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Last night I was driving through a dark stretch of unlit road, so I fired up my S3 719A 2700K to look around. It's the dry season so none of the vegetation is truly verdant and red clay dust is everywhere, but it was still impressive how utterly dead and desiccated the landscape looked in that light, like a scene out of Mad Max. Despite the 719A's high CRI, you couldn't see a speck of color that you could point out to and say "yep, that's green foliage".

A good reminder of why I prefer to EDC 4000K+ emitters during this season.

buds224

Enlightened
I love Mexican Coke in the glass bottles. Opened up one of those tasty bad-boys with my Loopgear SK03 Pro. Built in bottle opener, electronic (tritium simulated) side lights in High CRI, and Neutral emitter out the front. Magnets in the Pro clip which makes it easy to mount on metal surfaces. Really nice light that can even open up packages.

Attachments

• loopgear sk03 Pro.jpg
    loopgear sk03 Pro.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 13

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Eagtac P200LR to investigate an out-of-place vehicle I didn't recognize, up against the West wall at my 3rd shift job. Where every trespasser likes to park. To either sleep or get it on with their chick. Haven't had anyone park there in several weeks. Guess the word has gotten out not to park there. So, I was a bit annoyed seeing that vehicle there. Turns out it was both empty of occupants, and (surprisingly) had an Authorized tag in the window. Did I mention no one whose authorized ever parks against the wall. Must be a New Hire.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Eagtac P200LR to investigate an out-of-place vehicle I didn't recognize, up against the West wall at my 3rd shift job. Where every trespasser likes to park. To either sleep or get it on with their chick. Haven't had anyone park there in several weeks. Guess the word has gotten out not to park there. So, I was a bit annoyed seeing that vehicle there. Turns out it was both empty of occupants, and (surprisingly) had an Authorized tag in the window. Did I mention no one whose authorized ever parks against the wall. Must be a New Hire.
Quite an unusual development. But hey, being parked there robbed trespassers of their favourite spot. Can you call that as a win?

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I could claim to have taken up diving so as to check out my APLOS AP70C diving flashlight recently acquired at low cost...but that would be an egregious over-stretching of the truth.

Anyway I did try out the 365nm UV function around a couple of rooms including some old day-glo posters which have been up for some time, and that part works great.

On dry land it looks like a good rugged and very waterproof light.

Dave

iacchus

Enlightened
Spent a few hours stripping my parent's house of all their DirectTV malarkey and replacing it w/ a Chromecast w/GTV. Got them a Hulu Live sub and now they have a super simple 4K setup that doesn't go out on them during every storm and saves them $80 a month. Every channel they used to have plays a few new ones.

Lil Hoku accompanied me behind their entertainment center and massive honkin' television.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Lit up a dog walker's boyfriend chillin' by the East gate of all places. Didn't shine it in his eyes on high mode as he was on foot. Sitting there on the big electronic gate box, checking his phone like he was lounging at home. Politely kicked him out. He was polite. Left immediately. Few yards away, I spot his girlfriend walking a large dog. No one wants to step in fresh dog feces. Seriously, rare as hell to find trespassers on the East side. Well behaved dog and girlfriend too. Dude left without either one.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone even care about quality tools?
I do to an extent. My job (HVAC) requires a lot of tools, so I try to buy the best possible. Makes my life much more enjoyable and easier while I'm at work. Nothing is worse when getting yourself into an area where it takes a long time to get to and have something die or break on you. I live by the terms "you get what you pay for." Certain tools/products it's not worth spending top dollar on. Tarps: I'll get the cheapest one, hammer: I'll get the regular dewalt or Milwaukee brand from big box stores ( yes hammers can go upwards of $300+) drill bits/stepbits: I'll get the cheap ones. All my power tools are Milwaukee or dewalt brushless. I wouldn't waste my time and money with homeowner type power tools. Sheet metal tools, you have to get the best.