Emisar D3AA, custom Triple w new AA/14500 driver w NoPWM

jacobd

Newly Enlightened
Mine just arrived! I'm so impressed!

It looks like the only issue so far that the early adopters are getting is the skinny o-ring on the tail side being a bit fragile, but I'll just swap out batteries via the head anyways.

5700k 519 Dedomed

Set to-

No voltage display when switched off
No fade when on and off
4 step ramp

Awesome dual fuel EDC

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine just arrived! I'm so impressed!

It looks like the only issue so far that the early adopters are getting is the skinny o-ring on the tail side being a bit fragile, but I'll just swap out batteries via the head anyways.

5700k 519 Dedomed

Set to-

No voltage display when switched off
No fade when on and off
4 step ramp

Awesome dual fuel EDC
Congrats!

I dont have one yet..

Some lights have tail O rings that are too thin and too loose. They get cut when they climb over the threads: (not my pic, more info here)..
Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 7.13.38 PM.png

Like you, I disable post off voltage, and smooth steps.. its nice that Anduril gives up the option to choose.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
here is the first Opple Flicker Data I have seen for the D3AA, (not mine) from this post
Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 8.32.34 AM.png

note this is at a very low output, Im hoping the trace will go flat at higher outputs, more similar to the Emisar D2 and Skilhunt H150:
Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 8.37.53 AM.png

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought there was supposed to be no pulse with modulation
I thought the same.. note the D3AA test is at extremely low Lux, and may be misleading. There can be contamination of the sensor from Ambient light at such low Lux levels. Basically, I dont trust the data yet. I dont have a D3AA to do my own testing, yet.

Im intentionally avoiding the use of the term PWM, opting instead to focus on the term Flicker Index.

Im waiting to pass judgement on the D3AA Flicker Index after I see a higher output test.

At sublumen output, my Emisar D2, has an Opple 3 Flicker Index that looks similar to the Emisar D3AA:
1.png

The D3AA also has a much lower firefly output than the D2...

update, new Opple Flicker Data shows almost 0% modulation depth and Flicker Index below 0.00.. outstanding!
Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 10.25.16 AM.png

additional data here

Last edited: