• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired fivemega G4 D26 SUNLIGHT

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
fivemega G4 D26 SUNLIGHT

These were all gone four years before I joined CPF. I contacted a member who told me he had six of them a couple years ago, but they will need to be pried from his cold, dead hands before any will be circulated. His was the only screen name in the thread I recognized, and a closer look at who got any shows most haven't been seen since I joined in 2014. Since they seemed among the simpler products fivemega has created, I asked him to make some more. Those were some of the loudest damn crickets I ever heard.

I just need one.

If you need one, too, feel free to whine here.
Maybe fivemega will soften his big iron heart,
but I wouldn't count on it.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due the circumstances of this one, with all the members that got any MIA, it is probably unobtainium.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend drove me to Florida this weekend to get my stuff that's been sitting there since 2017, the bulk of it classic Macintosh that I need to recap and sell. The timing chain on his F-150 snapped in North Carolina about an hour and a half away from my place. We waited for 5 hours yesterday on the side of I-95N for the tow because AAA sent the operator to an exit 50 miles south of our location. I had the tow operator tow his pickup back to his place. We left the bed packed to unload tomorrow night, and I just grabbed whatever we had in the cab (a mandolin, four SE/30s and an SE, and a little box), threw it in his Subaru wagon, and he drove me home. I inspected the compact macs today, pulled the batteries, and contacted my ultrasonic bath guy to get the boards cleaned, which won't happen until next year because I'm so broke. But in the box I found something I forgot all about.

In Summer of 2014, right after I joined CPF, an old timer CPF member contacted me and offered me some P60 dropins for free. I didn't know P at the time, explained that to him, but he was motivated to send them to me for some reason. The dropins arrived, but I didn't know what I was looking at. I thanked him, but suddenly he was annoyed at me, and now I know why.

Looking at it today, I thought it was just P60 dropins, about 10 of them, mostly 12V. But mixed in there, which I didn't notice when it originally arrived years ago, was a z41 and a P bezel. Looking more closely, hidden among the P60 dropins, I found what is effectively a G4 Sunlight with a WA1111 installed, though I don't think it is fivemega's product. Also, there are what would be two G2 Sunlights, same as fivemega's G4 Sunlights but for G2 lamps. One has what may be a 1794 installed. Also... there were three WA1185 in a little baggie and a few other G4 lamps which I don't recognize.

I looked through my PMs to figure out who sent this to me, but it was so long ago, undoubtedly I deleted the conversation at some point to get under the message storage quota.

If the mysterious old timer CPF member that sent me this stash long ago sees this, please contact me. Now that I realize what you sent me, I'd like to apologize for my lack of understanding years ago and give you some compensation for your generosity. I left Florida in 2017, and most of my possessions sat there until I retrieved it all this weekend. I didn't learn about P Series until late 2020, and I only vaguely recalled that I might have some dropins stored among my possessions 900 miles away.

It was a hellish weekend. Roadtrips were never a big deal for me when I was younger. I've crossed the country to the west coast and back by myself four times, once driving 20 hours straight before I had to stop and rest. I could not fall asleep at a rest area, and I continued the remaining 5 hours after about 15 minutes of trying. But this 1800 mile round trip, 12 hours of driving stretched to 14 hours each way, nearly killed me. I am exhausted. I'm resigned to never drive more than two hours away from my home ever again. Generally, for about the last two years, I usually only drive about 50 miles a month, which is a few trips to the grocery store and back, and I don't even like doing that. I need to look into getting groceries delivered.