Living the good life :)

PaladinNO

Enlightened
What is Alisa?
I name my PC's. Makes it easier to keep track of them. And the name follow the motherboard, with the name being based off some feature or overall aesthetic.
In this case, "Alisa" is a robot character from Tekken 6. Was just a name that somehow popped up in my mind because the motherboard had 4x LAN-ports.

I think Alisa was my 2007-2010 build. Then it was "Power Pod" (2010-2013), "Silver Dragon" (2013-2019), "Ghost" (2019-2020, just 1 year because the i7 9700K CPU didn't even perform close to what I needed it to), and my current PC is "Phantom". Because ghost was sadly already used, the aesthetic is similar - despite new...everything, and I wanted to stay true to new motherboard = new name.
My home server is "Purity", because the CPU-cooler is pure copper, and the whole machine is 100 TB of pure storage.

I got 6 motherboards with name tags hanging on my wall, literally like hunting trophies, because I managed to kill all of them before I knew what I was doing. So they also serve as a "note to self, dummy!" every time I build a new PC, either for myself or doing a commission build.

Last edited:

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping it was another Alisa.

Attachments

• CB13EC48-E9E1-469E-B766-20177C189532.jpeg
    CB13EC48-E9E1-469E-B766-20177C189532.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 10

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I formally desired perfection but, alas, not the ability to attain it. I realized perfectionism was a roadblock to good mental health and kept me from completing projects. I often remind myself that only God does perfect work and that men should merely strive for excellence.
As I've aged the wisdom that set in means taking my time, forgetting about the finish line and setting my sights on the journey often results in....better results. Not perfection but much better than when the finish line was the objective. And careful planning often leads to quicker completion due to the old "measure twice cut once" mindset.

My last big project was taking sheets of pegboard off the walls of a delapidated shed and mounting them into a metal shed. Trouble was the pegboard was holding up the old shed so once it was all removed it fell over one night. But.... I was able to get all of the contents of a 14x14x10 shed into an 8x12x8 metal shed with room to move around. It took a few weeks instead of days and was far from perfect.

IMG_5279.jpeg

Salmon cakes ala-Mrs Fixer