Reylight

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for checking, I did not know that about reylights.. (I dont have one, I tried one, hated the switch, so did not keep it)

The aluminum Pineapple Mini might work, then again, I just tried with my aluminum Rook, it wouldn't turn off when I loosened the head. That means no lockout for those that want that. My Ti Mini has the shrouded tailcap, so no big deal with that. My copper Mini however doesn't, which lead to it getting turned on way too much in pocket.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does DMC offer an AA/14500 version?
Like their clips!
Oh yeah. They have a few different lights with either a AA/14500 engine or a li-ion only H17Fx engine. The clips are the best I've ever used. Simply perfect. Thick and beefy

I'll definitely be getting one next since I like this hoku so much. Beams are also perfect, perfectly round semi tight beam. Reminds me of the mcgizmo sundrop but not so spread out

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah. They have a few different lights with either a AA/14500 engine or a li-ion only H17Fx engine. The clips are the best I've ever used. Simply perfect. Thick and beefy

I'll definitely be getting one next since I like this hoku so much. Beams are also perfect, perfectly round semi tight beam. Reminds me of the mcgizmo sundrop but not so spread out

H17fx is the way to go. Great driver I got it in a couple lights. Ion Slim "sold out" I'll keep my sights on it 👍

iacchus

Enlightened
Their slims are great. Bunch of options there too. Great beam.
20240523_120916.jpg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
get it swapped with a 519a
I prefer the tint of sw45k.. just a matter of personal preference..
1.jpg

When not doing side by side tint comparisons, the 519a has other merits, for example a bigger hotspot, and about 30% more output.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a big difference side by side. Thats funny because man the domed 519a 4500k is my favorite led haha. Looks fantastic to my eyes in real time use. Sw45k is also one of my all time favorites though. Simple terms, if I ordered a light with a domed 519a 4500k and it came with SW45k I would not be upset vice versa

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
the domed 519a 4500k is my favorite led
all good
the comparison is misleading, simply because of the Difference in Tint

> Looks fantastic to my eyes in real time use.

totally understandable.. Tint differences are not the whole story.. the 519a is a great LED in its own right.. glad you enjoy it ;-)