Suggestion on a light for a hunter.

UVvis

Enlightened
A word of caution,

When you are hunting brown furry things that drip blood, finding things in the dark with LED's can be difficult when you loose brown contrast and red colors are under represented in your light spectrum.

Headlamps are also very nice, especially if you have to field dress something and do not have a third arm handy for holding a light. There are several model headlamps that combine a standard incandescent light and low output LED's with long runtimes. Many of these can run on standard AA's. Plus it is much harder to drop when hiking over rough terrain while you carry all you other gear as well.

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
An update

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I also talked to my brother in law who doesnt know anything about lights but used to go hunting with his dad and he told me he would want to use the light mainly before dawn when it might be misty or foggy. That and the repeated suggestions of having a throw and a runtime light sealed it in my mind. I got him a yellow G2 and 20 batteries and a yellow UK 4AA and some lithium batteries. Thanks again for all the input. Boy is he going to be surprised he turns that G2 on and sees the beam compared to the current Every Ready AA light he has now which is about the same size ;)