5mm 1xAAA from Rayovac

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened
In an earlier thread, now closed because I posted too many links, I was looking for a cheap 5mm light to put into some budget "survival" kits I'm putting together. Well, I think I found them. Rayovac Brilliant Solutions LED Keychain. Model number appears to be BRSLEDKEY-BR. They look like a Mag 2xAA light but sized like a Solitare. It uses 1xAAA(included) that is inserted through the tail cap and the switch is a simple twisty. It uses an optic so it puts out a floodier beam than my Gerber Infinity but is probably just as bright. I like it and the price was $3 at Walmart so it fits the budget light catagory. It runs fine on NiMH. I'll do some runtimes later and update the thread. They had a space on the shelf for a Rayovac led 1xAA and a 2xAA both for $3.50/ea but they were out of stock. Those two might actually be better for my needs as AA lithiums are the same price as AAA and hold a lot more juice.

Update: I spent a little time with the light whilst dog walking late last night and I'm really impressed with this little $3 liight.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Re: Just got back from Wally World

Nice... post up some pics and stuff too!!
I'd go with an E2 lithium cell... a bit $$$ but it will be better than alkaline.
thanks for sharing

DM51

Flashaholic

The title you have given the thread makes it appear a bit too much like a Good Deal thread, and it almost falls foul of the Advertising Policies too.

I'll leave the thread here as it is a useful and interesting report on this light, and obviously not just an advertisement, but I would ask you to change the title to give the name of the light rather than the place you found it (you are allowed to mention W'mart in the post itself).

elseis66

Newly Enlightened

I bought one of these tonight at Walmart for $3.00 and am very impressed. It is decently bright and the construction and threads are actually pretty nice too.

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened

I've taken some beam shots and just need to renew my photobucket account so that I can post them. Turns out this light is much brighter than my Gerber and the tint so so much better that it makes the Gerber look pretty comical.

ragweed

Enlightened

I bought one of these tonight at Walmart for $3.00 and am very impressed. It is decently bright and the construction and threads are actually pretty nice too.
Ditto..! I picked up two also. Nice light for only 3 bucks.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

I've seen those at Wal-Mart. Will pick one up to see if it's decent. Might pick up the ROV penlight version to see which is better.

Streamer

Enlightened
Interesting notes. Will tailstand if you remove the keychain attatchment. Total weight of 32 grams with supplied AAA battery. Decent amount of light for a $3 price tag.

Comes o-ringed on both head and tail.
Measures @ 3 1/2" total length, @1/2" battery tube, and @ 7/8" head width. Machined aluminum, nice.

I saw them available in red, blue, and bronze. I chose the bronze one..
:) #BRSLEDKEY-BMFA

BRSLEDKEYBMFA.jpg

Last edited:

ragweed

Enlightened
This is the best light going right now for 3 Bucks! It is brighter than the E01 & the battery seems to last a very long time. Battery Vampire? I think it might be true. They fly off the shelves at my local WM. Glad I picked up 3 of them. I might get more for stocking stuffers when they get more in.