BessieBenny's Budget LED (DX/KD etc) Flashlights Review Roundup (Part VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A/V Dude

Newly Enlightened
Ultrafire WF-500 Amateur Review

I just received mine in the mail from DealExtreme.com.
It came in a plain brown envelope, wrapped in 2 layers of thin bubble wrap. same for the extra bulbs.

Build quality: Good.
It comes apart in 5 sections. Each section has a single o-ring to keep out moisture but I would not recommend dropping it into say a sink full or water (no o-ring between lense and reflector.) The backside of the reflector was kinda chewed up a bit, like it was in a vise and spun.

Batteries: The flashlight Did not work with my Tenergy 18650, but worked fine with the Ultrafire brand batteries I ordered with the flashlight. DealExtreme did state: " * Battery Note: some protected 18650 batteries do not work with this flashlight. See forum discussions below to read more on this." So that was at least expected.

Throw: 300+' Easy.
Brightness: Very bright
Beam: Bright Hot spot, corona visable and wide spill.

I would say this is a Good flashlight.
But for $26.00 this is a great light.:twothumbs

USM0083

Enlightened
Re: Ultrafire WF-500 Amateur Review

I've had mine for over a year. Trustfire and AW 18650s work great, and the Lumens Factory HO-R5 is significantly brighter and whiter than the stock bulb. Great light for the price.

Superorb

Enlightened

I just received mine in the mail from DealExtreme.com.
It came in a plain brown envelope, wrapped in 2 layers of thin bubble wrap. same for the extra bulbs.

Build quality: Good.
It comes apart in 5 sections. Each section has a single o-ring to keep out moisture but I would not recommend dropping it into say a sink full or water (no o-ring between lense and reflector.) The backside of the reflector was kinda chewed up a bit, like it was in a vise and spun.

Batteries: The flashlight Did not work with my Tenergy 18650, but worked fine with the Ultrafire brand batteries I ordered with the flashlight. DealExtreme did state: " * Battery Note: some protected 18650 batteries do not work with this flashlight. See forum discussions below to read more on this." So that was at least expected.

Throw: 300+' Easy.
Brightness: Very bright
Beam: Bright Hot spot, corona visable and wide spill.

I would say this is a Good flashlight.
But for $26.00 this is a great light.:twothumbs
Have you ordered any of the Q5 gems from ShiningBeam yet?

bessiebenny

Enlightened

I've tried running Romisen RC-A8 with an RCR today. (Charged to 4.2v)
Now that I've done it, I don't recommend you to try as it clearly flickers.
The output is not stable as it constantly flickers very faintly. Not good.
I guess there is a reason why Romisen does not recommend using 3.6v RCRs.
Maybe I'll just mod it and get rid of the driver for direct drive so that I can. =P

KRUPPSTAHL

Newly Enlightened
Re: Is this LED light the best brightness for your buck?

i doubt the 1300 Lumens, but it looks very promising to be extremly bright for the money....

damn, everyday new, brighter lights....never gets boring !

hope to read a review soon !! ??

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is this LED light the best brightness for your buck?

Yeah looks like a neat light, someone was talking about it yesterday. We will be looking forward to your review

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tank007 from dx

Does anybody own this light and could recommend it or not? Iv'e seen a couple people mention it here, but can't seem to find any real information on it.

Also there are two versions- Cree and ssc. Which one would be better?

Links: [links removed - DM51]

Any information would be great!

Thanks

My Cree shipped last week. I shold have it by next week. Another difference between them is the clicky switch. It sticks out a little more on the Cree whereas it's more recessed on the SSC, which I like more because it probably means better tail-standing and less accidental turning on.

Holmer

Newly Enlightened
Ultrafire 15W led torch

Here in Thailand I saw an Ultrafire Led torch which works on 3 C-cells (those one size larger than the AA cells now more and more difficult to get). It is about 22Cm long. Costs about 20 Euros. I could not find any info on the internet about it. Has anyone any experience with this? The ones on the internet all seemed to be working on Lithium cells. Would it be really 15 Watts? Is there any website from Ultrafire?

thanks,

Holmer

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
SAiK SA-8 Cree Q4-WC

I was going to buy the Romisen RC-K4 , but it only has single mode , the SAIK SA-8 has 3 mode , though I cant see the need for strobe , anyway , the features / batteries all seem about the same .

Anyone know anything about SAIK :thinking:

Thank you .

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: BessieBenny's Budget LED (DX/KD etc) Flashlights Review Roundup (Part 7)

I bought a Saik, not too impressed, though I did like that it got rid of SOS but still had the fun strobe. Med and Low modes had a bit of PWM flicker but not horrible, I personally don't like any PWM. Watch out though because the tailcap will easily tear up the o-rings. Machining is pretty rough and the tailswitch feels flimsier than the normal DX stuff, also the battery holder is cheap but actually has a charging port. I like the Romisen RC-U4 much better if you're looking for a 3 AAA powered light. Other than that you should get an 18650 or cr123 light.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: BessieBenny's Budget LED (DX/KD etc) Flashlights Review Roundup (Part 7)

I wanted multi battery , AAA and CR123a , also Hi - lo feature .
But I hate flicker , just screams poor quality , hope its flicker free .
Im also getting a Romisen 2xR123a , dont remember the model no .

syphix

Newly Enlightened
TANK007 TK-506 vs Romisen GC-G2??

Hi!
I was looking at flashlights on DX and i found 2 that are around the same price and i'm wondering which one to buy between the 2.

Which one is better??
The Cree Q2-WC 95-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*AA) or the Romisen MXDL RC-G2 Cree Flashlight Black (1xAA)??

Is the romisen black or grey one better?? coz i heard that the grey one is better than the black one.

rockz4532

Enlightened
REVIEW - Romisen RC-G2 (non-Q5)

The Romisen RC-G2 is a one level light that uses a Cree XC-E P2, the 1 watt version of the XR-E. My item was bought from DX for $11.30, SKU: 3607.

Specs from DX page:
- Feautres a Cree XR-E LED Emitter
- Glass lens with aluminum reflector