Bulb for cheap AA

publius

Newly Enlightened
IMG_0257.JPG
IMG_0257.JPG
IMG_0259.JPG

I just cannot throw something away that might work. As you can see it's a cheap little AA light they give you for joining the NRA. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the bulb or even figure out what bulb it takes. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0259.JPG
    IMG_0259.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
This might not be what you want to hear, but here we go...

It's not a "bulb," it's an LED module.

If you know anything about electronics/LEDs/flashlights, it's probably a 30 minute fix.

If you don't, just asked somebody to fix it for you if you're really attached to the light.

An adept tweeker can remove the 'star' which the LED sits on, remove the wires if there's a driver board, place the star on a hot plate and disconnect the LED from the star, reflow a new LED with the proper electronic specs, back onto the star, reconnect the star to the driver wires and be good to go.

The hardest part is figuring out what cheap *** LED the light uses and then what the driver accommodates. XP-E, XP-G, some poop assed Chinese knockoff?

Too much work for me.

Ask around here, or on BLF, but I don't know if it's worth it?

Chris

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Like others have said it looks like an LED possibly XPE or the chinese clone version of it likely.
Unless you are enamored with the light itself I would say just buy a nicer 1AA LED light instead of throwing money at this one, especially if you use it often you will love yourself getting a nicer higher quality light that is likely brighter with multiple output modes and more reliable.

publius

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. I have plenty of lights but was going to fix this if it were easy. Out it goes!

Latest posts