Crenulated Bezel Drop Protection For MDC HA 1AA Worth It?

jonc2

Newly Enlightened
It's a $$$ upgrade, but is the optional stainless steel crenulated bezel for the MDC HA 1AA worth it? Only interested in drop protection, not looks or anything else.

Would the regular SS bezel be good enough? Looks like the crenulated would protect the light better.

Thanks!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's a $$$ upgrade, but is the optional stainless steel crenulated bezel for the MDC HA 1AA worth it? Only interested in drop protection, not looks or anything else.

Would the regular SS bezel be good enough? Looks like the crenulated would protect the light better.

Thanks!
I only have the crenulated bezels on mine and they do offer great protection. Without one you drop it the wrong way just once getting the lens ring off can be a chore.

hamhanded

Enlightened
Mine has no ring, but I've dropped it several times. So far, not a single ding on the rim of the bezel. Go figure.

Your mileage will most definitely vary.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely worth it. Also makes it so you change lens and o rings without any tools on the go if needed
381C5F6F-2A1A-409A-8F9B-D03E5823CBDB.png

jonc2

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, crenulated it is! I ordered the tool already, so easy removal of stock ring.

Do you just tighten it by hand?

Johnny Ryall

Newly Enlightened
I keep asking for crenellated bezel's for the body guards and E1/E2 scout series, if your using those as a tac light it would deff be something work having and I'm sure he would sell a bunch at this point.