Energizer Hardcase 300 Lumen 2AA

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is another 2 AA 300 lumen Energizer Hardcase light that I should mention.

VgeTPLn.jpg

...the Pivot Plus.

This light has a pivoting head and a complete flood beam (no hot spot) with a cooler tint and a magnet on the base. Like the task light, the pivot plus has 2 modes (30 lumen low) with a ramp feature down to 10% from high. The magnet is strong enough to position the light securely but could be a bit stronger. The magnet together with the 175 degree pivoting head do make this a good tool kit light for doing repairs and such up close, but it is not much of a general purpose flashlight because it has very little throw.

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found the pivot head version to be useful as a utility light. The throw limits it to some extent but it has respectable output and works well as a garage/household light. It seems to be a convenient light to grab when a household task arises.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya I have this one. Great for working on stuff or walking. It's pure flood.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I found a 300 lumen fixed head in a Lowes I was in earlier today. It's the only store within 25 miles of me that carries air filters the size my comfort system uses. Plus one of the best pipe laying people I have ever met works there after quitting the pipe laying business. That's one for "once upon a time". But I had bought whole boxes of filters a year ago. Running low and Mrs Fixer was looking for a special spring so we went there to look for springs, buy filters and chat with ole Rodney.

The 250 lumen hardcase was one of my first LED lights but I gave it away. By the time I realized it was actually one of my favorite flashlight they were no longer in my local box stores. This thread had me looking out for them in stores and today I found one. Yay. So it quickly reminded me why it was one of my favorites. The 300 lumen version has an impressive throw, and I really like the 45 lumen low. If it started on low I'd probably use it a lot more around the house. But since it starts on high it'll become a light I use when life requires a cool white thrower.

Thanks for starting this thread double x. Now what is the dimming feature? An automatic distance sensing thing or can you manually adjust? If so, how?
Edit: never mind. I discovered holding the on button makes it dim and if you hold it too long and it isn't bright enough, keep holding as it ramps back up.
Cooooool!!
End edit.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Fired up the grill and roasted some mean pork chops, oven style but when putting the cover back on it tore like it was made of wet paper. Eh, it came with the grill 4 years ago so it lived a good life.
What to do, what to do?

Go to Lowes and grab a second hardcase and a nice grill cover, that's what. They have 12 packs of aa ultimate lithiums for about a buck 33 each so grab some of those too, right? Aa and aaa, check, grill cover, check, backup hardcase, check.

I'll do a side by side 300 lumen Hardcase vs 300 lumen Indestructable soon. Before I do I wll say this: ergonomics, the hardcase wins. Much easier to hold, activate and pack away. Bonus; the dimmer gives it style points. But the Rayovac beam is going to put up a good fight.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a 300 lumen fixed head in a Lowes I was in earlier today. It's the only store within 25 miles of me that carries air filters the size my comfort system uses. Plus one of the best pipe laying people I have ever met works there after quitting the pipe laying business. That's one for "once upon a time". But I had bought whole boxes of filters a year ago. Running low and Mrs Fixer was looking for a special spring so we went there to look for springs, buy filters and chat with ole Rodney.

The 250 lumen hardcase was one of my first LED lights but I gave it away. By the time I realized it was actually one of my favorite flashlight they were no longer in my local box stores. This thread had me looking out for them in stores and today I found one. Yay. So it quickly reminded me why it was one of my favorites. The 300 lumen version has an impressive throw, and I really like the 45 lumen low. If it started on low I'd probably use it a lot more around the house. But since it starts on high it'll become a light I use when life requires a cool white thrower.

Thanks for starting this thread double x. Now what is the dimming feature? An automatic distance sensing thing or can you manually adjust? If so, how?
Edit: never mind. I discovered holding the on button makes it dim and if you hold it too long and it isn't bright enough, keep holding as it ramps back up.
Cooooool!!
End edit.

Glad you got one!

Low mode first would be good, I just wish you didn't have to click through both modes to shut it off - it would be much better if it had a timer that allowed you to shut it off with one click. I have seen some people not familiar with this light get confused with the switch, some leaving it on in low mode when they thought they turned it off and others pressing repeatedly when it didn't go off with the first click. I do find it kind of annoying myself even though I am used to it.....great light little light in most other ways.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the lack of timer is a drag. I just thank the big flashlight maker in the sky I don't have to scroll past strobe too. :twothumbs

Those are the worst! The only light I have like that is a defiant 3C....makes me want to hurl every time I have to click through strobe.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I realized last night that the hard case has a lockout feature. Twist a bit an it cuts the circuit. Twist to tight again and it's off, which tells me it has an electronic switch. That likely means parasitic drain. So when you're done with it, give it a quarter twist. With its rectangle shape you will know you have it lockout mode.

I did actually see the pwm the other night while using it in the rain. Otherwise I never see it.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
My older Hardcase doesn't have parasitic drain and can also be "locked out" by twisting it. It has 2 separate clicky switches.

colin.p

Newly Enlightened
I wish I would have read this thread a year or so ago, as I forgot I had this light. After reading the first couple posts I looked for it and found the light hanging outside in the chicken coop (we used to have chickens but haven't had any for a couple of years). The Energizer batteries still worked but I threw them out and put in a couple of Eneloops.

This was the first LED light I bought (a Canadian Tire special) and it blew away my fancy Maglites at the time. I have the 250 lm model, no idea what the low lumen level is.

Last edited:

wjv

Enlightened
Have one in the kitchen drawer. But its not the 300L version. Also have a rayOvac indestructible in that drawer. It's a thrower so with those two I have flood and throw covered.

They are the - run out to the shed - look under the couch - let the dog out lights.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the 300 lumen two level version recently on clearance at Lowe's for $4.17. They were clearing out that light and 2 other energizer lights (300 lumen 1 123A for 3.69 and 700 lumen 2 123A for $6.17). Didn't manage to get the others before they disappeared. It's my go to light for loaning out to family and friends (that and the 2AA Rayovac Indestructible). You can't scratch it up, break it by dropping it, or overheat the l.e.d. on high (dims down automatically). Had to get a new one as I gave the older 250 lumen version one to a family member for work. I hope the stores aren't getting rid of them permanently.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's a 2017 light so they may just be clearing out items that they want gone from the stock pile of items not moving.

Hopefully that doesn't mean it's the end of the 2aa hard case.