Favorite budget light 2022

Poppy

Flashaholic
My favorite 2022 light is a Sofirn D25L headlamp.
About $25 with an 18650 included.

1651315521586-png.png

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My favorite for 2022 here mid-way through December is still the Coleman battery guard that has a 2 stage slider for a really low, then high and has positive detents in the switch like old school Bright Star lights used to.
See post 12 for that one.

It mostly collects dust because it doesn't feel very sturdy but it's still one of my all time favorite LED lights
because: old school.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I haven't bought any budget lights per se this year. I have only picked up used surefires along the way, because that company cannot seem to produce the promised turbo series lights. I have opted to try new brands like Zebralight, Nebo and Jetbeam. Lets just say I have not been disappointed in any fashion.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the best budget light I've bought this year was a 3500 lumen Rechargeable Enbrighten lantern for $20 (regular is $40) at Big 5 on Black Friday. Uses 2 built in 3200 mAh 18650s for power. Has micro usb charging and a usb output port for using it as a 6400 mAh battery bank. Has settings at 50, 250, 750, 1500, and 3500 lumens. Should make a nice camping lantern paired with a Goal Zero solar panel for charging.

batman

Enlightened
my all time favorite budget light would be my streamlight microstream non usb
I concur; I've tried the USB version and it's just another forgettable blip on the radar. The OG Microsteams and Stylus Pros still beat the FourSevens Preon lineup which was purposefully designed to dethrone them over a decade ago. Look who's still standing and who's whale excrement at the bottom of the ocean in 2023.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I tried to like a microstream and did. Trouble was I kept losing them. A month would by and "dratz, where's that microstream this time?" Then Streamlight kept making them brighter but I wanted the 12 lumen one. I'd look and look to find one but when it arrived it would be the updated version.
One day at the CPF market place somebody had 2 old ones. I bought them both and stashed them in a drawer.....one of which since grew legs and walked away from the drawer. 🥴

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Mine must be the Lumintop Tool AA running a 14500. That much light in a package only 3 1/2 inches long with a properly shrouded tailcap and 4 simple modes and a proper lanyard attachment. Its a genuine pocket carry. Also IMHO it has the ideal blend of throw and flood for my needs.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I concur; I've tried the USB version and it's just another forgettable blip on the radar. The OG Microsteams and Stylus Pros still beat the FourSevens Preon lineup which was purposefully designed to dethrone them over a decade ago. Look who's still standing and who's whale excrement at the bottom of the ocean in 2023.

If you like the Microstreams, might I suggest you take a look at the Pelican 1910's and 1920's.

I find them superior to my Microstreams.

Attachments

• 804FC855-3EEC-4454-9FBD-18EAFF05E97B.jpeg
    804FC855-3EEC-4454-9FBD-18EAFF05E97B.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 138

Jeep guy

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a Nebo Newton 500 flashlight recently and I have been impressed. The fit and finish is very nice and I really like the flood light feature. It is a very even and bright flood light

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently picked up a Lumintop Tool 1AA light, nice fit and finish but I was somewhat disappointed with it's lack of mass (compared to the Energizer 1AA pineapple it replaced), however it does everything as required but I will need better 14500s.

Toulouse42

Enlightened
I recently spoke highly about the Lumintop Tool running 14500s. I still like it but the other day it just cut out on me. No dimming to lesser levels and no ability to change down either. For me not a deal breaker as I can work around it but still worth bearing in mind.