• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Help Me With My Amazon Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Jeers to ReyLight

Am using forward company to collect things I buy and send it back to me

May I ask if the you are the buyer of the missing light or was it bought by the forwarding company, eventually to be sent to you by that company?

Some forwarding companies also have services that order in your behalf after you pay them, of which in this case, you have no identity with Amazon as a buyer and the buyer's protection only belongs to the 'actual' buyer, which is the forwarding company.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we need to start again on this one, with the full story from start to finish. For instance, this was originally a Jeer to Reylight in the title, then it is revealed that Amazon may be the culprit, and then it is only by post 23 that you reveal that you used a forwarding company too. It's very difficult to help when bits of the puzzle arrive at different times.

Whatever advantage the forwarding company offers (price, convenience...) it seems that in this one instance, it has caused unnecessary confusion in resolving this issue.

It also doesn't help that there's two issues here.

With regard to the light that did arrive, in my personal opinion, the best person to fix your faulty light is hbk_rey. He should know his lights inside out and be able to work with you to a diagnosis and send out replacement parts where applicable. However, I'm not sure how much that relationship has soured already given that you've set up a Jeer and he's blocked your posts on the Facebook group.

On the issue of the missing light, I fear that Amazon will just point the finger of blame at the forwarding company, and the forwarding company will point the finger of blame at Amazon. Since you were not there to witness the transfer, I'm pretty sure you're going to have to write this one off. Weigh that loss up against the gains you have received from all the previously successful deliveries through the forwarding company before using them again.

hbk_rey

Enlightened
Re: Jeers to ReyLight

ok, here is the whole story.

1. I don't know anything about the followers. Never paid any attention to that.

2. I am not mod of the other FB group. So I can't delete anything.

3. I'm in China, and my email is either [email protected] or [email protected]
Not any RayLight or UK thing.

4. I could always help fix the bad light, no matter where did you buy it. But I can't do anything with the missing one. That's amzon warehouse or the store problem. You could always return and ask for refund.

5. I'm really sick of tons of messages.

Edit: Here is a link to
Nichia!'s post in ReyLight FB group. Maybe you can't read it unless you are a member of the group.
Edit: I just deleted the FB post.

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whatever advantage the forwarding company offers (price, convenience...)
Buying from the US with a non US Shipping address at sellers who don´t ship int´l seems the only advantage I can think of.
Since you were not there to witness the transfer[....]
If the Amazon package was unopened within the package of the forwarding company it would be obvious who´s to blame. But that´s guessing after all.

Eric

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
the OP had a long thread going in the facebook Flashlight Fanatics group page on this same thing. He purchased from someone called "raylight" on Amazon, and got hosed. That definitely stinks, but his beef is with the seller. ReyLight told him that on fb, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

We'd like to help, believe us. We hate when sales go wrong. But you need to deal with the seller on the second torch that was lost from your order of two. I think it was the mokume version, by the way.

Greta

Flashaholic
As I anticipated....

The OP has been online but has not bothered to come back to this thread and offer up any further information or even any appreciation to those who have attempted to help. :ironic: Sometimes I really just wanna be wrong... ya know? :sigh:

Thread closed. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.