Hey bike people

raggie33

*the raggedier*
But your right money in bank is smarter. They will bed in if not ill lightly sand them clean pads and router with alchol and try again.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
You sure ?I've read alchol is safe on almost all forums but that's the internet lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Cool I did have many spare pads for my ebike but there to dang thick. Who ever made them must of looked at a worn rotor because with a newer rotor there to thick even if both pistons are fully seated in. No matter they was so cheap lol . Btw anyone know if I should go with a medium cage deralier or short? I'm guessing with my big 42 inch tooth low gear I'll need the medium

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool I did have many spare pads for my ebike but there to dang thick. Who ever made them must of looked at a worn rotor because with a newer rotor there to thick even if both pistons are fully seated in. No matter they was so cheap lol . Btw anyone know if I should go with a medium cage deralier or short? I'm guessing with my big 42 inch tooth low gear I'll need the medium
+

That giant 42 tooth cog in your cassette may be the root of your shifting problems.

If your cassette teeth are somewhat evenly spaced, then it jumps up to a huge 'low' gear, your derailleur could be having a hard time getting to it & getting out of it in several ways.

I'll bet, a giant final gear has caused people far more problems than any good.

raggie, if it was my bike, I'd get a different cassette first and try that (you probably don't need really low gearing anyway)
just my 2 cents

$21 11~ 36T 9-speed

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah that low must be there to climb trees lol for real its crazy low on every hill im sping like crazy hect i even am able to go up the hill in the smallest sproket i forgot what size my smalllest is. kind of crazy to have this range on a 1 by 1

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

you need these two tools to swap out a cassette;

one holds the cassette in place, the other is to remove the 'nut'
(putting a new cassette on is just the one tool)

good to have some specific bike tools(y)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Have them in my shopping cart soon as I have the cash I'm getting them and a stand to this flipping it over to work on drive train is sucking lol and omg I hope a casste is way easier to remove then a freewheel lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ty everyone I ordered it all a stand to a course it won't be here for a 8 days or so . . And I'll have to sell my last ebike to pay for it all but that ebike made me lazy. It's like cheating and man o man one bump on it is so hard on my body . No joke like a 2 inch Crack in side walk is so rough . And the tourney deralier I have no idea why they would put that junk ona bike today.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ps spell check still sucks but way better on my tablet till it can't figure out my word or replaces the word with a word I wasn't trying to type lol on my windows laptop it's worse though. Tried gramely but some reason I couldn't sign up

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ps I am going to learn to fix bikes if I'm able to maybe I'll flip them or just do repairs. I pick up mechanical stuff pretty fast. I need more income I suck at human interaction however. Maybe they can just drop bikes off and talk thru email?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
What othe4 tools should I buy perhaps I'll flip bikes or at least fix them localy I need to make more money not many computers to fix here.i thought about golf cart manintaince since everyone uses them to get around in my subdivision. But I never worked on them before even though I am able to fix most things with help from online. So what bike tools should I get? I got the bike stand coming the chain wip and shimano casste remover. Coming and pedal remover and a course all basic hand tools but far as bike specifically tools what do you recommended I love good but cheap tools park tools cost to much

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
What othe4 tools should I buy perhaps I'll flip bikes or at least fix them localy I need to make more money not many computers to fix here.i thought about golf cart manintaince since everyone uses them to get around in my subdivision. But I never worked on them before even though I am able to fix most things with help from online. So what bike tools should I get? I got the bike stand coming the chain wip and shimano casste remover. Coming and pedal remover and a course all basic hand tools but far as bike specifically tools what do you recommended I love good but cheap tools park tools cost to much
+

Chain link remover to take chain on/off

= On the cassette tools,, the one with the 'chain part' on it uses no force, it just holds the cassette in place so it doesn't spin backward.
The other tool does the work.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ty btw I survive with low money buy being thirty for instance my tire levers was on the shelf for like 3 bucks. But I looked around got a spare tubes for bike with pretty much same levers lol for 2 bucks. So I got way more for less then found a chain cleaner with the cleaner and the thingy that mounts on chain that you put cleaner in on clearance from the reviews I've seen it is one of the best cleaners there is was like 4 bucks on clearance .a course when the fluid runs out ill just use decreaser

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Hey Raggie, if you are looking for a really nice commuter look for a second hand Giant Suede. A seriously nice bicycle that was $600 when they were made but can be had for less than $200 used. They came with top of the line parts on an alluminum frame.
The DX version was 21 gears. The regular was 7.

IMG_5163.jpeg

IMG_5164.jpeg

The peddle forward design really helps with peddling. Gives your legs a nice workout without knee strain.

I've been riding a DX since 2009 with zero part issues. I lucked up and found an 08 model at a bike shop on clearance.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Sadly no way to get them home has to be delivered true story I thought about picking up my bike from walmarts rofl till I saw the box .omg I had no idea how big box was lol.i have no idea what I was thinking.. but that sure is a nice bike and used is the way to go do many folks by nice bikes ride em 3 times put them in garage and they sit.not me I love to ride. It's calming today my cassette remover arives . Think derailleur comes Monday and tye thing that excites me most the stand comes God knows when llol I'm so sick of flipping bike over. .crazy but decent stand has good reviews like 35 bucks after my discount. Btw do you all recall them internal geared bikes the gears was in hub. What's the draw backs? I figure there has to be dome since we'll they just kind of seem cool