• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New to CPF and new to McGizmo, but loving it all! (Novice in training)

rakusak

Newly Enlightened
lol, i wish. I think I will be excited enough just hold own one... though many say "once you get one..."

nbp

Flashaholic
I'd consider the clip to be more of light bead blast finish than a stone wash... but either way it is different than the machined finish of the light itself. I love the etched clip personally although I have only one of those but like 4 lights with the standard clip.

rakusak

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE: The glorious Haiku arrived this past Saturday! It is truly a fantastic tool: quality light, great handling feel, excellent craftsmanship, etc. Great work Don!! Currently working on a LocLite (3/4 diameter) neck + magnetic base to use the 1/4-20 threaded clip on the light to make it a car work light for those late night engine checks, etc. (10 year old car does not have an engine light :p )

rakusak

Newly Enlightened
The ultimate goal is to program the Hive. Need to learn more about how to program the engine first though... Is there a specific tool one needs to acquire?

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ultimate goal is to program the Hive. Need to learn more about how to program the engine first though... Is there a specific tool one needs to acquire?

Once the bridge on the board has been soldered, all that is required is learning the sequences for programming the light. Rush posted a wonderful manual over on the HIVE driver thread which has everything about the driver and a programming flow chart.

rakusak

Newly Enlightened
Once the bridge on the board has been soldered, all that is required is learning the sequences for programming the light. Rush posted a wonderful manual over on the HIVE driver thread which has everything about the driver and a programming flow chart.

Ah yes. I remember seeing that posting while doing research on the different light engines. Ill delve into that next! Thanks!

rush

Newly Enlightened
Should you need any help when you decide to change the configuration of your HiveLD there will be fellow members to help, including myself of course :)
I love hearing about your experiences and want to say a big thank you for your support!