Power Failure Light

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave_H,
It looks like you found one that checks all the boxes, and at an incredibly low price!
Good hunting! :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'd be interested to hear from anyone who manages to get one or more of these. Mine is working fine so far. Unfortunately they seem to be gone from local stores here (clearout).

Dave

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's be honest. We're never far away from our smart phones. They have a flashlight. Still, these are a good idea And I have a few of these stationed around my house

Not always true. Smartphone may function OK as a flashlight in some conditions, severe functional overkill and far from an ideal solution for many people. A number of cheap(er) and ultimately expendable lights spread around is a good strategy.

Dave

paulr

Flashaholic
"Power failure night light" web search finds a lot of web hits. Another approach might be one of those USB power banks with a built-in flashlight (there are lots of those). A fairly simple software change could make it activate the flashlight automatically if you unplug the charger, so you'd just leave it sitting around plugged in most of the time. The light would turn itself after a few minutes so it wouldn't drain the powerbank if it lit while you weren't around. If it lit while you were around, you'd just go over to it and turn it on manually.

This is why I like open source flashlight firmware, and now I find myself wanting it for powerbanks too. Hmm.