Question regarding copper washer

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
A5F6CF13-F409-4F11-8BA9-DFA3C3EF9FCD.jpeg

Can anyone tell me what kind of copper washer this is? It came with a Malkoff m61w drop in. Thanks

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're also called wave washers. They come 3 or 4 waves for even better contact.
A person can find them through other sources than Torchlab at fraction of the price

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was floored when I saw what they charged.
I can order them for $.08 each.
Or Malkoff will give them for free.
Dan also asks a buck each for battery bumpers, orings that cost him .02 each. I guess you can argue logistics if that's all a person is ordering. Like you said, if a person is spending hundreds of dollars, Dan should send for free (like Gene does) but he doesn't.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The other day I flattened some 14 gauge solid copper wire and made my own. Took like 5 seconds and may have cost $.02

You really don't have to flatten it. I was just messing around that day…I've used it round many times

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff uses his copper washers when fitting M61 to Z44 or repo heads..
OR, he's using 19 or 22mm that fits the bottom of his drop-in..

What's your application?

I like Kernels ingenuity.. Get yourself a piece of electrical ground copper wire (old florescent fixtures or Depot) wrap it around a pipe of appropriate size. Cut off the wire circle, then flatten copper in smooth jaw vice. Voi-la!

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
The other day I flattened some 14 gauge solid copper wire and made my own. Took like 5 seconds and may have cost $.02

You really don't have to flatten it. I was just messing around that day…I've used it round many times
Haha what's funny is that I actually did that first with a piece of 14/2 wire and then I found this washer laying around my parts bag

Good idea though

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff uses his copper washers when fitting M61 to Z44 or repo heads..
OR, he's using 19 or 22mm that fits the bottom of his drop-in..

What's your application?

I like Kernels ingenuity.. Get yourself a piece of electrical ground copper wire (old florescent fixtures or Depot) wrap it around a pipe of appropriately size. Cut off the wire circle, then flatten copper in smooth jaw vice. Voi.la!
My p60vn was a bit too short in my VME setup and needed that washer to complete the ground connection