Recent Peak Led Buyers

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a custom order (SS El Capitan 219b) going on 2 weeks now. Robyn said her uncle which is an engineer was having back troubles or something so they are behind but getting caught up now

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I very recently bought a brass Peak Eiger Ultra.
It was in stock. Though if I'm completely honest, if I had to wait for it because it was out of stock; yeah I wouldn't have bothered. I still remember Peak's reputation from back in the day. Have no desire to wait indefinitely for a light I want to eventually be shipped out to me.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I very recently bought a brass Peak Eiger Ultra.
It was in stock. Though if I'm completely honest, if I had to wait for it because it was out of stock; yeah I wouldn't have bothered. I still remember Peak's reputation from back in the day. Have no desire to wait indefinitely for a light I want to eventually be shipped out to me.
How did you know it was in stock before you ordered? I know their website does not list how many are in stock or what

Yeah I'm not big on that "waiting who knows how long" till it's shipped either. It's nice to know how long it will take at least, but when they arrive, I have to say it's a nice relief getting the exact led you wanted in their lights. This order here will probably be the last for a long time. Can't stand the waiting part, it drives me nuts

Monocrom

Flashaholic
How did you know it was in stock before you ordered? I know their website does not list how many are in stock or what.
Not how many, but when I visited their website, the variations that were out of stock at the time I ordered, showed "Out of Stock." Couldn't add those to my cart.
Yeah I'm not big on that "waiting who knows how long" till it's shipped either. It's nice to know how long it will take at least, but when they arrive, I have to say it's a nice relief getting the exact led you wanted in their lights. This order here will probably be the last for a long time. Can't stand the waiting part, it drives me nuts
Every time I have to wait indefinitely for anything, but especially a light, it just turns into a headache and a half. Currently experienced that with some little Mom & Pop online shop desperately pretending that they are a huge company. Had I known the truth when I placed my order, I wouldn't have bothered. Phone call with their customer service rep. was very eye-opening.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not how many, but when I visited their website, the variations that were out of stock at the time I ordered, showed "Out of Stock." Couldn't add those to my cart.

Every time I have to wait indefinitely for anything, but especially a light, it just turns into a headache and a half. Currently experienced that with some little Mom & Pop online shop desperately pretending that they are a huge company. Had I known the truth when I placed my order, I wouldn't have bothered. Phone call with their customer service rep. was very eye-opening.
It always amazes me that most if not all private sellers on forums or eBay have better customer service and ship immediately after payment than most actual businesses. At least from my experience

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know some sellers like providing a USPS track nr and waiting a full week to actually send off but overall Ebay is pretty fast. Amazon tries to compte with UK/Eu ship times so I stopped using them for lights. As if I would pay for Prime.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feel like I started something here….. Didn't mean to.

Clearly more transparency on Peaks lead time could be helpful, but I don't ever recall having a bad experience with them. They always have delivered.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feel like I started something here….. Didn't mean to.

Clearly more transparency on Peaks lead time could be helpful, but I don't ever recall having a bad experience with them. They always have delivered.
Sorry for late response. I would say their lead times are "whenever" sad to say, my current order right now is going on 3 weeks. One light. Few emails asking about an ETA and only 1 reply back. No updates. Not sure what's going on here but this may be my last order. If they can't produce the lights in a timely fashion or at least give updates, then maybe they need to stop. Not too happy. I'll give an update if I ever receive my order.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sadly, normal behavior for Peak.
As much as I love "Brass-head,"
I'd never order a Peak unless it was In Stock.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah it's a shame it's coming to this. I really enjoy their lights and they could have a really good thing going in this community. There's already not many USA made lights that are reasonably priced. CS goes a long way for me, I'll be sticking to Malkoff from now on. Reasonably priced, quality products, top notch CS with fast shipping and email responses.

I just really enjoy peak for their simplicity, duel fuel, and different metals used.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Don't remember off the top of my head how they earn their main income, but I do know that making lights is more of a side business for them. To bring in a bit of extra money. That would explain Peak's less than stellar reputation when it comes to community.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like hearing this, but have faith. They will come through. I like punishing myself so I will probably order more in the future. Simple USA manufacturing at a reasonable price is worth it to me.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do come through, I've never not gotten an order. I've ordered so many I'm used to the long wait times at this point, I'm just not thrilled about when they say a couple more days or tell me a estimate and then a week or two goes by and no updates or response.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI. My custom Peak order shipped today. They were having some medical issues with some employee so they were behind. Also Robyn had said she had to make me a new light because the first one wasn't quite right, so that took some time.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do come through, I've never not gotten an order. I've ordered so many I'm used to the long wait times at this point, I'm just not thrilled about when they say a couple more days or tell me a estimate and then a week or two goes by and no updates or response.
After working in the field all my life, it's become apparent to me that communication is the most critically essential part of good 'customer support'.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak is probably the most human company I have ever dealt with, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. In my experience, you'll go from no response for a week or two, to a very personable phone call from Robyn that goes for 20+ minutes.

If you're a patient person, I think it's well worth it to support a small company that does good work.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mind waiting for a light that I really want. I'm mostly concerned about what I get. It's not a life or death situation like some here make it out to be. I'm not gonna pee my pants if I have to wait a couple months or more even.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
El Capitan SS pocket body 219b 4000k arrived
IMG_0894.jpeg