• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SPACE CASE For Sale

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hmmm, actually I could drill and tap a hole on the bottom for a "neck joint"...

BTW you may never get it back from Dallas if we send it his way!

Yukon_72

Newly Enlightened
You guys are genereous indeed. It was getting out of my price range as keeping 17 sled dogs gobble up lots of food and when you are racing you have to feed them top quality.

I was hoping to mount Space Case on a Headband unit and put on an external battery pack to be used with 3 Saft Lithium D-cells. The YukonQuest takes about 12 days and we run day and night in temperatures to -50.
Have no problem sharing some pictures of light in action pending it works as needed. We have some very specific qualities we look for inlights.

Thnaks for being generous.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
aw man... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

LOL, I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use that string of graemlins.

Someone is going to win a fabulous original Mr Bulk. Best of luck to bidders and seller.

BC

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two SpaceNeedles in a one-of-a-kind, user friendly physical format? Sweet!

OK. I watched this auction today and it looks like it is down to dallas and I. I could go a few more dollars and I'm betting he could too. I'm thinking dallas would eventually win this unique light.

I'm not out of the bidding but I've decided not to bid against dallas anymore. This saves us both from staying up until 2:00 a.m. Saturday morning.

dallas offering Yukon 72 use of this light in the "Yukon Quest" is a fine idea on many levels.

Here are some predictions:

Mr. Bulk recoups material cost. (no way to assign dollar value to genius) CPF admin. is gladened by another generous gift from Mr. Bulk. Yukon 72 sends Mr. Bulk a couple of pics that include snow and intelligent dogs. dallas posts a description of how he deployed SPACE CASE. Other members find some enjoyment in reading this auction.

Yukon_72

Newly Enlightened
I have not competed in the Iditirod
But biggest difference are
Quest has 7 checkpoints - Idiitrod 20 or so I think
Quest is in Feb -Id in March Much colder temperatures possible as race is in interior of Yukon/Alaska- temperature can be down to -60f for days.
Quest is a tougher trail- many more mountains and passes.
Big difference is amount you can win. Quest has a purse of $125 000 were the Iditraod is $650 000. So much harder to win Iditrod as so much more competive.
Quest is billed as toughest sled dog race in the world.
Iditrod is bit faster race.
The dogs are truly amazing in both events and are both an adventure!!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Only 30 hours to go...
thewave.gif

dallas

Newly Enlightened
I meant to run up the price a bit for a good cause. Guess I scared em away. You gonna let me have it this easy? Dont think I can last 2 more hours.... Man, this is gonna look good next to my new 6D Space Needle II.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya know, the strategy of a bidder bidding against themself has been used effectively before.

Seeing this is for a good cause the price could obviouly be higher. The current high bidder could go ahead and say $300.00

I'll bet no one would argue.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
And it's DALLAS by a quarter! Thanks bud, tell me via e-mail where you want it sent...after you talk it over with Yukon (or not)...

dallas

Newly Enlightened
A bargain at 300. Please send this to Trevor first. If I can get up that way in February, how bout a sled ride?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations, Dallas ! You're first class.

Good luck in the YukonQuest, Trevor !

BC

Yukon_72

Newly Enlightened
I was just out training dogs- running 18 miles right now.
No problem for a dog sled ride. Yukon Quest Starts in Fairbanks Alaska Feb. 14 and will finish in Whitehorse around 12 days later. Also going on at that time is Sourdough Rendevevous- our winter festival. Lots of fun and things to do.

Very generous of you Dallas and will be much appreciated. Yukon is a very welcoming and fun place.

Hope the Space Case will give me the kind of light I need.

My Addres is Box 40080 Whitehorse, YT Y1A 6M6

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Trev should I put a name on the box? Is there a state (Alaska I presume), zip code, etc?

BTW the beam shape is a strong spot.

Not a flood.

Just in case you have considerations to address before I box it up and ship it out Monday. Thanks everybody!