Streamlight Ultra Stinger weak beam, very weak?

Bonedoc

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the lapse... update. Interesting. In the workshop, Charger in the wall... my wife mentioned, "have you tried the older (original) battery that you thought was bad? I mean charging it?" - well, it had been a while.. so I charged it overnight and 'would ya balieeeve'! It worked. Bright beam.. so I stuck the new battery in and charged it while I was working for six hours... AND IT WORKED TOO. Dang... So I had the light
in the charger with the new battery and turned it on (in the charger), WORKED... swapped battery, in the charger, it worked also... Took light with old, then working (hint) battery into the house for a night time check.. at 9PM (about 12 hours since checked ), DEAD as a door-nail.. put in the new battery, it had worked earlier, 8 hours... DEAD as a door-nail. Very improbable.
So will start with a good log and put in charge time, etc.. for each. Retest and see if same results. I figure overnight should do for charge time?
And then see.
Thanks for the patience.
PS: I am thinking that it is the switch actually, but not sure yet.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad cells will self-discharge quickly. It's still your battery. Mechanical switches don't drain batteries. Also, depends on which Charger. But mine says 18 hours to fully charge

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reason I got an old Nicad for my Magcharger was because NIMH sucks. Nickel Cadmium batteries basically, you can't tell they're dead until they're really dead because they put out the same power most of the time. NIMH batteries... you can start noticing them dropping in power right away. Plus they don't last in the long run. And they don't really have the same power to begin with. The biggest problem with Nicads is they can get a memory, so it's best not to recharge them until they are pretty much dead.

Last edited: