• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What Did You Use Your McGizmo For Today?

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
shadows.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Used the Haiku and Mule to find stuff in the warehouse this week, and do a little maintenance on some analytical equipment in our lab.

I like that Ti is nearly impervious to, well, everything, but at the same time, these two lights, despite being carried every day, are just not developing as many love marks as I had hoped. It's gonna take forever to give them that well used look at the rate I'm going. I think I need to drop them more or something. :shrug:

scout24

Flashaholic
I used my Sundrop this morning to aid in tick removal from my pup- given the warmer than normal winter here in the northeast, we're expecting a bad season for bugs in general this spring. But ticks in particular. High cri with no hotspot makes locating and removing these little buggers much easier. Especially on her snout, close to her eye where intense light would be uncomfortable...

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my haiku to look for my PDs-Ha in my hobby locker, as it came loose from its holster and was in the midst of stuff....found the light eventually and some other stuff also.

bmcgators98

Enlightened
Used my Haiku XM-L on my son's first lighting bug hunt. We are vacationing in north Georgia (Florida does not have lighting bugs). We were out at dusk catching the flys but as it got darker it got pretty tough to catch them because you could not see them after the light went out. Out comes the Haiku. I was able to light them and catch them again. My son was very impressed. I started to explan the the XM-L was a perfect LED for this because of the flood and throw but he is only four and did not care. He just wanted more bugs for his jar.

nbp

Flashaholic
Kids... :shakehead

;) That is a great story and a super use for a Haiku! I love lightning bugs, it's super fun to watch a whole field of them at dusk, just blinking all over the place. Good work, Dad. :thumbsup:

nbp

Flashaholic
Yesterday on the 4th, I went boating on the Rock river in Beloit with some friends. It was 103F outside, so being in the water was about the only thing you COULD do outside. Later in the evening we went back out on the boat to watch the fireworks. Upon heading back into their dock afterwards it became obvious they had no lights on on their dock, making it very difficult to pull the boat into the little canopy area to get tied up. No worries, I whipped out my Haiku XP-G and illuminated the dock from some distance away as he made his way in. No problems getting the boat right in place. Once docked, I lit up my Mule XM-L to flood the boat and dock with light so they could get it tied off and everyone could see all their stuff in the boat to take back to the house.

Ah, those two lights, such a perfect EDC pair. :)

Roccomo

Enlightened
I built Lego set 10225 R2-D2

003-12.jpg

It's the only Star Wars lego set I have and, for that matter, the only Star Wars toy I have ever owned..and I saw the movie at release when I was a kid.

I built it on a black topped table and those navy blue pieces are just about invisible on it. Also, a lot of those 2100 plus pieces are small tiles and other assorted items. It can sometimes be tough to determine where each piece goes with the instructions, fine as they are.

McGizmo to the rescue. I just left it on table twisted onto low. If I couldn't find a part or tell where to put it via the instructions the LS 20 was there to show the way.

I use the crap out of this light and this is just one more way.

Karasu

Newly Enlightened
SWMBO lost a few keys well going inside the house last night as she was clipping her carabiner to her bag, used it to light up the lawn to find the shiny important keys and the slightly less important but more irritating to find black one >.>. High CRI haiku helped a lot in making the odd color keys show even more!

scout24

Flashaholic
Used my Sundrop to aid in some finish sanding of drywall in my basement. Laid along the wall or ceiling, the floody beam was great for finding high spots in my taping job. A quick rinse afterwards and good as new! :)

nbp

Flashaholic
Used SunDrop with 119 to grill some chicken. Yay for great color rendition. ;)

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
Used my Sapphire to check on my son, he is teething so sometimes wakes up crying. The Sapphire is kind to my eyes. Also use it when disposing of soiled nappies (diapers) at night - don't want to tread on a slug...

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used SunDrop with 119 to grill some chicken. Yay for great color rendition. ;)

Your 119 is clearly more powerful than mine. I don't think it'd ever be able to grill chicken :p

my mule serves the same purpose. To check on my grilled chicken. Works great!

WTB: anything, and everything SUREFIRE :)

nbp

Flashaholic
Your 119 is clearly more powerful than mine. I don't think it'd ever be able to grill chicken :p

my mule serves the same purpose. To check on my grilled chicken. Works great!

WTB: anything, and everything SUREFIRE :)

:laughing:

I suppose the syntax of that sentence was a bit off, wasn't it? Haha.

It's getting darker earlier - there will be ever more opportunities for using my McGs!

calflash

Enlightened
Time to wake up this thread:)

Although it wasn't today, this setup was used yesterday working on a 6.0 powerstroke :sick2:. I'm having a blast with this setup though. The mount is pretty handy and the Aqua Ram is...well... Awesome. It may be a little beat up but I refuse to baby it. It has survived some of the harshest treatment - just short of intentional torture testing. And guess what? - it's holding up like a champ:twothumbs