What's your favorite mode group?

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer L>M>H. I don't mind cycling through modes to get more light. I don't like to be blinded or see stars in order to get to L. Memory is a compromise for people who want to start on H and I do use this sometimes. Moon could/should be before L if you offer it. There are 2 schools and it is problably better to offer both cycles if you can offer a choice.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on my Zebralight headlamp's settings, I guess I'm a fridge burglar (H-Med-Moon).

Is this programming change still a possibility?

Grizz

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
with Frank it is im sure.
im swapping emails presently with him to see what's what.
would be brilliant if the new alpha lights had these options before buying!.

Based on my Zebralight headlamp's settings, I guess I'm a fridge burglar (H-Med-Moon).

Is this programming change still a possibility?

Grizz

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the ideal setup.

I like how my Alpha is now. Flucero28 reprogrammed mine.

Firefly, L, M, H. Hybrid memory.

Remembers last mode used, but will revert back to firefly for mode change, no matter what level prevously used.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having said my previous preference, I wouldn't have an issue with a L-M-H or Moon-M-H. I've got enough tactical lights, that a Blue Label can be set up in an EDC mode.

Grizz

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My question of is the programming change a possibility, wasn't worded very well.

Do you, Jason, foresee the possibility to order a Blue Label light programmed in a different than stock manner?

Sure, a fellow CPF member may be able to mod the light (different emitter, altered program, etc), but I'd prefer it be done by the manufacturer, if at all possible. That would allow it to be fully supported from a warranty perspective, and also wouldn't affect resale value (though I've never sold a light and don't plan to).

If it isn't possible, I've got no problem with the stock programming.....just providing some hopefully useful programming feedback.

Grizz

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
very good, I agree. In house would be good to keep it 100% Prometheus.
it was worded well, but Jason I guess is not so sure right now like he said, and Im sure when he knows, we will know too.
its a good thing he ain't like the likes of Zebralight making statements of promise, which never happens.
i too like the stock, but a choosing a UI is impressive, not just a light.

My question of is the programming change a possibility, wasn't worded very well.

Do you, Jason, foresee the possibility to order a Blue Label light programmed in a different than stock manner?

Sure, a fellow CPF member may be able to mod the light (different emitter, altered program, etc), but I'd prefer it be done by the manufacturer, if at all possible. That would allow it to be fully supported from a warranty perspective, and also wouldn't affect resale value (though I've never sold a light and don't plan to).

If it isn't possible, I've got no problem with the stock programming.....just providing some hopefully useful programming feedback.

Grizz

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
..also having an Alpha Light UI re-programmed by Flucero/Frank, would it void the warranty as such?.
I see Jason is hoping to add this customisation of UI from where he is eventually, so I could maybe send it to him over in Santa Clara.

thank you.

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM'd you . thanks.

My best custom firmware ("lupodrv") for the NANJG linear drivers can be reprogrammed by the user with whatever modes you want :) You enter programming mode by 8 very fast taps (half presses) and then it allows you to reprogram the current mode with a new brightness (from a ramp of 16 visually linear levels), strobe or beacon, or to add a mode, or to remove the current mode (i.e. you can change the number of modes; max. 6), or to change memory type between no-memory, classic memory, or short-cycle memory (memory, but jumps to 1st mode when you change modes again, I think some people call it hybrid memory here). 5 very fast taps en-/disable mode locking, i.e. it won't change modes any more, good for tactical/signaling purposes.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi - well I now have Dr Jones's UI on my ready made, and got to say its excellent, the only minor thing you need to be careful of is clicking 8 times fast so it doesn't go into programming mode, otherwise you could be clicking away and adding deleting all sorts of modes like I did lol.

i managed to get them back but now I have made use of the 2 user groups, and split modes into two groups; indoors and outdoors. that will do.
well worth it for what I paid USD$23 shipped (& GBP£8 to post from London), so around £24.
one thing is, I am finding out if the actual UI can be completely locked so there is no way of over pressing maybe, but then again, splitting the modes into groups help a lot.
it is very flexible with an open UI to change.

all in all, worth it indeed.

hope that all helps.

here is the link. mine has " lucidrv "
http://drjones.dyndns.info/#lucid

thanks & thank you Dr. Jones... :)

Theron

Newly Enlightened
M-L-H with momentary firefly.

It even rhymes. It can't be wrong.