• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Which McGizmo do I want?

hivoltage

Enlightened
I think I want the 27LT-S....but then again the XR-19PD sounds appealing too. Probably which ever one comes up for sale the quickest. I dont see either for sale anyplace:(

TxTroubleMaker

Enlightened
I think I want the 27LT-S....but then again the XR-19PD sounds appealing too. Probably which ever one comes up for sale the quickest. I dont see either for sale anyplace:(

If you like the XR-19PD, you may want to look into getting an A19 from the shoppe. You can go for the single cell version and run it with a 2 cell body running either a 17670, 18650, or R123. I had one that ran with each of these set ups and I really liked the versatility of it. Of course the 27LT-S is not a bad way to go either. Good luck with your quest, let us know what you end up getting.

hivoltage

Enlightened
OK, I didnt get either of the lights I was thinking about. I seen a brand new Ti-PD-S come up for sale and jumped on it due to all the great posts about it.

I guess if I dont like it I can always get close to my money back, but I dont see that happening. Thanks for all the suggestions.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will like the Ti-PD-s a lot, i'm sure. The other lights you were considering may throw 'better', but the McR20 reflector is a great performer as well. Unless you really need a throw monster, it should be good enough to reach out and touch your target pretty well.

Enjoy it,

schiesz

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well done! If I could only have one light, I'd choose the Ti-PD-S.
Its just about perfect. :goodjob:

+1 It is a perfect rendition of form and function. When I'm not using it in anger I am quite content to just look at it. Mine is a Mizer so to me it offers perfect utility.

Fantastic choice HV, you can do no wrong.

Fringe

Enlightened
Hodsta,
I am convinced that mizers are it for sure.
so much so that I want my XR-19 PD to be retroed to a mizer. I see no reason to not have a mizer setting on these lights.
Good choice hivoltage, this is what I would have gotten for sure!

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, what is a mizer setting?

The differences are expalined by people with far more knowledge and eloquence than me in the link threads below.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/157532

and here but about the Mule

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/167273

But basically the Stock TiPD-S or Mule is run a 25/525mA low/high but the Mizer is run a 25/300mA low/high

The Mizer will run for 3 hours on high where as the non-Mizer 90mins IIRC with a small drop in brightness.

Last edited:

Roccomo

Enlightened
I seen a brand new Ti-PD-S come up for sale and jumped on it due to all the great posts about it.

hivoltage,

Excellent choice and a great EDC light. Please let us know what you think once you get it. :D