Wiseled negative review

steve6690

Enlightened
Hi All,
Wiseled have a good following in this board so I think it's appropriate to repost this tale of bad goods/service which was posted yesterday on the Yorkshire Divers board :

i recently purchased a wiseled umbilical torch "divepackage" and having thought i had researched the product have been dissapointed with it for the following reasons.

the torch switches itself off after 55 minutes, this is not mentioned in any of the technical information or sales pamphlets, if it had i would not have bought it.

the battery pack is very compact and is stated as having up to 12 hours burn time, despite following the charging procedure i have been unable to get more than 180 minutes out of it. the base of the torch is magnetic, this feature is not mentioned in any of there literature and caused the following problems when diving:-

The battery pack attached itself to my stage cylinder at various times during the dive. As the switch is in the base of the pack, with the torch switched off on attachment to the stage it went into strobe mode which was a bit disconcerting.

with the torch switched on when it stuck to the stage it started looping from high to low power. as i was at 40m+ i switched to my backup light (sl4) and was surprised that despite the wiseled 420 lumen rating my backup torch performed better.

i have contacted wiseled directly about my grievances and they have suggested i wear the battery pack around my neck, and if i want a torch that does not switch off after 55 minutes wait a few months until they update the torch and give them another £400.

the last two faults are the umbilical lead can become detached from the head on entering the water as the plug does not fit very well and despite not exceeding the rated depth the led head has water inside it.

i hope my experience helps any one considering buying one. i am currently trying to get a refund as the torch is less than 28 days old and i do not feel it is fit for the purpose it is sold.

i am now looking at either a salvo or halcyon 18w torch anyone recommend one or the other

regards
nick

reposted with nick's permission. The model he bought was the Adapt. I am quite surprised at this incident as I thought the Wiseled scuba package would be a good purchase. To find that it's so very unsuitable for that purpose is a disappointment, as is their "fob-off" that he should wear the battery around his neck (not good to have lanyards etc round your neck while diving). I also wouldn't be impressed that it leaks water into the led head.

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
And to think a WL Tactical was planned as my August light buy. Hope all the above mentioned issues are sorted out by then :sigh: ...

Doh!Nut

Newly Enlightened

Wow, I saw this at the Dive show last year and it looked like a lovely bit of kit, the quality of the finishing indicated a thoroughly well designed light :shrug:

steve6690

Enlightened
Wiseled make (made) very nice lights. I saw their dive package in a dive shop recently and it looked very well put together. Shame they went bust...but I notice their website is up again and it seems they are taking orders..