Z2 Combat Light

ven

Flashaholic
Well, it's finally here[emoji16]. And, I am extra happy as I got the original incan by the looks of it(Z2-BK 65 lumen)[emoji3060]. I got it from a retail store so it was open on display but, it is mint condition. Did I do ok for $80US?
[quoted pics deleted]
Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Yes!!!!! a beaut, congrats.

The incand is awesome as it is, cool for nostalgic flashlight moments. Enjoy:cool:

And yes you did awesome for 80 bucks!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes!!!!! a beaut, congrats.

The incand is awesome as it is, cool for nostalgic flashlight moments. Enjoy:cool:

And yes you did awesome for 80 bucks!!!!!
Thanks Ven[emoji106].

Yep, pretty cool for sure. I will have to get some more bulbs. I threw the EDC+ dropin in there for now along with an unprotected Sanyo UR16650ZTA charged to 4.35V. You were right, this dropin looks very nice quality.

Ok good. It seamed like a descent deal. Good thing I jumped on it as it was the only one in stock.

ven

Flashaholic
The base of the actual drop in case, can also be used as a bezel ring tool.

Also , removing the grip rings(does not help grip lol) but it gives the torch a totally different, elegant/smooth piece of lighting equipment look.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The base of the actual drop in case, can also be used as a bezel ring tool.

Also , removing the grip rings(does not help grip lol) but it gives the torch a totally different, elegant/smooth piece of lighting equipment look.
Yep, I saw that on the bottom there thanks[emoji106]. I may use it to install the Xeno so I don't scratch it. Xeno should be here tomorrowish.

Good to know, I will try it without them too eventually. Loving it so far!

ven

Flashaholic
Yay, glad to hear. The love just goes from strength to strength. 1 isnt enough, its kind of too nice to beat on. So then you need another, one to enjoy with guilt free drops and twangs. Just sayin:whistle:

Do you have a c2? If not, that is another must host. The green/grey HA is amazing(not exact but kind of think zebra type).

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Good catch on that new-in-package Z2.
IMO the 6Z/Z2 lights were the very pinnacle of flashlight body design in the history of SureFire. :thumbsup:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay, glad to hear. The love just goes from strength to strength. 1 isnt enough, its kind of too nice to beat on. So then you need another, one to enjoy with guilt free drops and twangs. Just sayin:whistle:

Do you have a c2? If not, that is another must host. The green/grey HA is amazing(not exact but kind of think zebra type).
Yeah, may have to get another as a backup as it is definitely awesome but, this one is definitely getting used(no safe Queen's for this cat but, I do take very good care of my stuff).

A C2 has been on the list for a while as well. I have actually had one in my cart multiple times. May have to wait for next year though(I generally only do the light game during the winter then switch back to other hobbies and use the lights I have) as I am almost done my light upgrades for this year and have already spent a ton.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good catch on that new-in-package Z2.
IMO the 6Z/Z2 lights were the very pinnacle of flashlight body design in the history of SureFire. [emoji106]
Thanks Kestrel[emoji106].

Yes, this light is definitely something special. I have always been more of a 1-cell E-Series guy as I prefer small EDC's and don't use large lights much but, I definitely need to grab a couple of Z/C/G/P staples before they are too hard to get(it's already there for many models as you know). I'm thinking C2 in Natural HAIII next. I have never been a collector but, I find it hard to resist old SF as they are pretty much the pinnacle of flashlight history(imo anyway).

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing not but, does anyone know if there was ever a Z2 HAIII(natural or blk) made? If not, I wonder why? I would give my left nut for one in Natural HAIII if there is lol. I may have to settle for a C2...

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
It still gets dark at night:poke:

I wish i could be as disciplined, not a chance!!! Being a big kid would be grown up for me:p

Yes defo better to use, life is too short. I use mine here and there but careful, so i duped some for beaters. I can get to enjoy some of my fav surefires and get to drop them! How cool is that, and not even care:sssh:. I actually like a beat on flashlight, but i also like minty ones. I think they are at their worst when perfect, except that little spec or ding that always catches your eye. Strangely the first ding can also help me start to enjoy them more. I am weird lol. Either mint or beat, not keen on the in between part!.

Glad a C2 is on the list, it will look very nice with your z2.

OIvl7HMl.jpg

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
It still gets dark at night:poke:

I wish i could be as disciplined, not a chance!!! Being a big kid would be grown up for me:p

Yes defo better to use, life is too short. I use mine here and there but careful, so i duped some for beaters. I can get to enjoy some of my fav surefires and get to drop them! How cool is that, and not even care:sssh:. I actually like a beat on flashlight, but i also like minty ones. I think they are at their worst when perfect, except that little spec or ding that always catches your eye. Strangely the first ding can also help me start to enjoy them more. I am weird lol. Either mint or beat, not keen on the in between part!.

Glad a C2 is on the list, it will look very nice with your z2.
Lol[emoji16].

Oh, I am definitely not the most disciplined. I just have too many expensive hobbies and not enough money so, I have to concentrate on one or two at a time lol.

If you are weird, I am too[emoji23].

Yes, have to add a C2 going forward for sure. Super nice collection sir[emoji106].

On another note, how did you install the Xeno as far as O-rings and gaskets go? It comes with a GITD O-ring(as does the EDC+ dropin). The Z2 has a black rubber gasket then the lens, then the bezel ring. Could you please list the order of the gaskets, O-rings, lens, bezel? I am surprised no instructions were provided. Thanks again Ven.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
On mine, i have the gasket under the lens, so flat gasket, lens on top of said, then the xeno screwed down. Depending if you need to space out(so the lens is loose when xeno locked up). Would determine if you need to fit an O ring to make up the extra gap. Its a variable depending on drop in and head.

Not sure which, i am sure the cooly host is one. I had to use O rings in that host to space out. Otherwise the lens ends up loose/rattly if makes sense.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't have too many "Z" style lights. My daughter has a G2Z in her car and I have one more out for boring. Also, I agree with Kestrel that the "C's" are pretty cool looking, but I never really liked the feel of them.

IFNLiRb.jpg

BigBaller

Enlightened
My faithful z2 with a Lumens Factory warm Led drop-in was my favorite every day user light for many many years.. it doubles as my main bike light with thousands of miles ridden running AWs excellent 17670s. .unfortunately i misplaced it several months back and have still yet to find it.. U2 loaned to a friend when he needed an extra bike light to ride home and it's long gone never to be seen again either... I found good in the situation by using these as a reason to build up my collection of old surefires. 😁😁😁

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
On mine, i have the gasket under the lens, so flat gasket, lens on top of said, then the xeno screwed down. Depending if you need to space out(so the lens is loose when xeno locked up). Would determine if you need to fit an O ring to make up the extra gap. Its a variable depending on drop in and head.

Not sure which, i am sure the cooly host is one. I had to use O rings in that host to space out. Otherwise the lens ends up loose/rattly if makes sense.
Ok, thanks. I found it works best with the stock lens and gasket(although not as tight as I'd like). The supplied lens is thinner and rattles with the gasket. The O-ring makes things too tight even with the thinner lens and gasket.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't have too many "Z" style lights. My daughter has a G2Z in her car and I have one more out for boring. Also, I agree with Kestrel that the "C's" are pretty cool looking, but I never really liked the feel of them.
That is a sweet collection sir[emoji106].

I may not like the feel of the C2 either(I can't remember if I ever held one years ago). I like the Z2 as it doesn't have a clip. If I want I clip, I will add an OR tailcap like you did(I usually don't pocket carry lights this big anyway). I may still get a C2 though as it is a SF staple lol.

Last edited: