#1 CAUSE OF BLACKOUTS

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whenever I've had an internet outage, I'm always waiting on hold with the pre-recorded voice and elevator music telling me that "a lot of problems can be solved faster with blahblahblah automated help at our website".

Um...I'm on the phone waiting to talk to someone, because....there's no internet....

The irony is not lost on me.
Been there, done that, felt the same way. :mad:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
The #1 cause of blackouts is drinking too much alcohol. Oh, you meant power outages. I would say weather and stuff weather throws or floats around. In the words of Ron White, "It's not that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing."

TPA

Enlightened
Whenever I've had an internet outage, I'm always waiting on hold with the pre-recorded voice and elevator music telling me that "a lot of problems can be solved faster with blahblahblah automated help at our website".

Um...I'm on the phone waiting to talk to someone, because....there's no internet....

The irony is not lost on me.
Back in the late 90s/early 2000s, before mobile phones had web browsers, FP&L created a section on their website where you could report your power outage online. Out of spite, I did, since we had 60kW automatic genset. The lineman was very puzzled when he was reading over dispatch ticket, in particular the origination code.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys it's gotten cold. If you live in an area that still has porcelain cut outs they are going to start breaking on ya. Good luck this winter.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
some one hit a transformer on my street a few nights ago.not sure if i lost power. but sheriffs dept did... they say it must of been a huge car or truck.