• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 100pc Left Titanium Firefly

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll have a hard time finding a 14500 high capacity cells that isn't a protected cell.

I've been using the Efest 800 mAh cell without issue. Not too long and not too short.

The Keeppower 840 mAh cell is too long.

I ended up taking the PCB off my Keeppower 840mAh to make it fit.

jeb

Newly Enlightened
To me it looks like the o ring is caught in the threads. See if you can peel it out. It's probably cut anyway.
Once the o ring is gone, I suspect that with the threads taped up to prevent damage, that you will be able to take the ring off. Also remove the o ring on the outer most edge as to not damage it.

I've never had the stainless pins in mine so I don't know how far they stick up. The ring may be be jammed against the pins. The tape and pliers will remove that ring no doubt in my mind.

the O ring is easy to peel out, but the bezel is hard to take off. I have no idea it the bezel is stick on or screwed on. either way, I have tried all people suggested, but still not working.

jeb

Newly Enlightened
Problem solved thanks everyone,
the reason I can't unscrewed it cuz the inside O ring has broken and get stuck inside

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
While the purple halo from the AR lens is a touch annoying, I love and adore the output from this light. The emitter choice is absolutely perfect.

Doc

Enlightened
I don't see my name on list just need to confirm cree light and payment! Thanks, Doc.

Wolfy1776

Newly Enlightened
Got my light today and dang it's pretty.

1 question is the spare tail cap switch the same as the one installed?

F-16fanman

Newly Enlightened
:thumbsup:Hi Joshua, I have 2 Fireflys that arrived safe and sound! You've done a great job here, thank you very much sir!:)

Wolfy1776

Newly Enlightened
I have Fenix 14500 batteries and can't tighten the head down all the way but the light still works. Anyone else using Fenix 14500 and have the same results?

lacrimosa

Newly Enlightened
I have Fenix 14500 batteries and can't tighten the head down all the way but the light still works. Anyone else using Fenix 14500 and have the same results?

I tried a Zebralight protected 14500 cell and had the same experience - couldn't tighten the head entirely, but it worked fine.

Yesterday I tried an AW IMR 14500 (unprotected and shorter), and unfortunately, it seems to have damaged my light (or it's just a coincidence). The output has just plummeted - the top brightness mode is now emitting about what the lowest level was emitting before. The lowest mode isn't emitting anything visible at all (though I can see that the LED is on). All batteries are now doing this.

Anyone have any ideas?

leg0man

Newly Enlightened
Any left? The first post says 45, but the spreadsheet shows more than 45 names...

notsofast

Enlightened
Any left? The first post says 45, but the spreadsheet shows more than 45 names...

He edited the first post on 6/29 stating that he had 45 left. Go back to posts dated 6/29 and later and you will see there are plenty left.

It is a nice light, good value at the price.

Wolfy1776

Newly Enlightened
Is there a recommended brand of 14500 to use? The Fenix 14500 are a bit to long.

Scotcha

Newly Enlightened
I tried a Zebralight protected 14500 cell and had the same experience - couldn't tighten the head entirely, but it worked fine.

Yesterday I tried an AW IMR 14500 (unprotected and shorter), and unfortunately, it seems to have damaged my light (or it's just a coincidence). The output has just plummeted - the top brightness mode is now emitting about what the lowest level was emitting before. The lowest mode isn't emitting anything visible at all (though I can see that the LED is on). All batteries are now doing this.

Anyone have any ideas?

Would be interested to know as I have just purchased the same AW cells.