• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 100pc Left Titanium Firefly

jashhash

Enlightened
I see a number of folks have had the issue of the brass retaining ring coming off (Like NoNotAgain's photo) when you unscrew the bezel. I posted a tutorial video on kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ight-you-can-always-find-in-the/posts/1623668 if your experiencing this issue. Wow cudos to Ghos for the first firefly mod, cant imagine how you fit a tripple in there and have no idea how you managed to heat sink it either, good job.

I still have plenty of fireflys in stock though I ran out of the CREE version.

msim

Enlightened
I tried a Zebralight protected 14500 cell and had the same experience - couldn't tighten the head entirely, but it worked fine.

Yesterday I tried an AW IMR 14500 (unprotected and shorter), and unfortunately, it seems to have damaged my light (or it's just a coincidence). The output has just plummeted - the top brightness mode is now emitting about what the lowest level was emitting before. The lowest mode isn't emitting anything visible at all (though I can see that the LED is on). All batteries are now doing this.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've been using a AW IMR 14500 with no issues.

59ride

Enlightened
got mine the other day and have had no issues at all, great little light, the machining is amazing, tho i had to flame anodise the clip to add some colour
IMG_1442_zpszrrmz6nd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1461_zps3qmlbepp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

topmaytar

Newly Enlightened
I'll take one. Paypal sent. Do you need an address? Or you can go with address from Paypal? Thanks

Last edited:

Daddo808

Newly Enlightened
Awesome light
What has the turn around times been like from order to door?
thank you in advance for your input.

Last edited:

Doc

Enlightened
Joshua Did you get my PayPal for last Cree led light? Are you going to update list! Thanks, Doc

Wolfy1776

Newly Enlightened
I am thrilled with my Firefly. It's a shame Joshua didn't go into production with this light because it's a beautiful light that's as functional as it looks.

Joshua you nailed it with this light!

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked my light up from the post office and I'm quite impressed by the build. It is slightly larger than I expected but still completely and totally EDCable. I immediately installed my 3 x 11 mm tritiums alternating ice blue and green and it looks fantastic!

One question for others who have already received their lights. I noticed the clip does not seem to fully make contact with the body midway down where it would initially make contact with the jean pocket etc. I can push down on it slightly with the spring like action. Is this normal with everyone else's?

Wolfy1776

Newly Enlightened
The light gets hot on high will it damage the light to run it too long on high?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Djans, I think you'll find even though the clip doesn't touch the light body, there's more than enough pressure to retain in your pocket. The light I'm carrying has .050" gap between tip and body.

I thought that with mine it would be a one hand move inserting and removing from my pocket, I was wrong. The "nib" on the back side of the clip has very little draft angle, and requires a deliberate effort to remove from my pocket.

jashhash

Enlightened
Hi Everyone,
Regarding the clip not quite touching the body, that's an intentional design on my part. I would recommend you try out the clip as it is before bending it to increase tension.

These are still warehoused and shipping out of China even though I did just move back to California. I did bring quite a few firefly flashlights on the plane but those are partially assembled and some leftover pieces. I will deal with those bits when I have time. So there will be a few more for sale later in that regards. I'm shipping out these orders in batches once a week or when I get at least 10 lights. It should take between 2-3 weeks from the time you send your paypal payment till the time you recieve your firefly.

Wow that's some crazy looking flame anodizing on that clip 59ride.

jashhash

Enlightened
Alright Folks,
The shipping list has been updated with tracking numbers for the round 2 shipment. Most of you should be receiving these in the mail this week. Round 3 will be shipping out of China this week as well.

I still have plenty of Nichia version fireflys left, at this rate of sales I expect to run out in about 3-4 weeks.