10440 vs AAA batteries in LED Lenser Tac Torch

BushcrafterAU

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a LL Tac Torch (the 100 lumen version) as I was impressed by its throw (220 meters) considering the small amount of lumens (only 100, not much when compared to my Nitecore EC23!) I like it, but I'd like to see if I can give it a bit of a boost in power by using 10440 batteries in it. Do you all recon it would work or would it destroy it? Also, how much more power would it likely give me if it were to work?

Thanks!

GoVegan

Enlightened
Led Lenser are very specific about providing warnings against using non-supported batteries in their lights for a good reason.

The light is designed for 3 x 1.5V = 4.5V, what do you think will happen if it is provided 3 x 3.7V = 11.1V?
I'm pretty sure it will completely kill the electronics, but I don't think you'll get a definitive answer as not many people here are retarded enough to kill one of their lights trying this.

My advice, appreciate the light for what it is and and what it does. If you want more lumens, buy a brighter light, if you want to run 10440 cells, buy a light that supports them.