1kW Xenon Arc Tank Light

patracy

Newly Enlightened
Wanted to share with the group some information I found out and had been talking with BVH over. I have a VSS-3A. I picked up a few early "A" model controllers. I know further back in the thread we had pics of the B controllers. But hopefully this will be some information that helps. Here's from our PMs back and forth.

My 3A light has this great placard on it outlining the controllers. That's what made me jump on these.
bd83fae5a1f2c647b91f8ca9a3390723.jpg

From the pics you posted, you have "B" boxes. Yes the older "3" box had an hour meter in it. The "A" box did as well.

You can see the controller matches the 3A from the drawing.

Now to the plugs. I was curious about this as well. All the pins appear to be shared by the two plugs. I used a voltmeter and checked continuity between the corresponding pins. There were two pins that did not link up though. S and L. If memory serves those we're connected in the drawing I looked at. (Unused)

Now I think I know why they have two connectors. One of the plugs has a "coarse" thread on it like the light side. The other a fine thread that my new amphenol connectors thread onto.

6282f26718f9a25b7a111f623685e895.jpg
1e7102b239dec79d6476c9f5aea18068.jpg
d8ce5f273d5efced8a67c67ccdac3eef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BVH

Flashaholic
Great info! I just found in the manual that the "left" 26-pin connector in your pic is a "test" connector and the right 26-pin connector is used to run the light. Some of the control boxes have a "surprise" adapter located in the bottom of the box. I would guess this adapter is screwed onto the "test" connector to allow connection to the test equipment.