2 classes of Christmas gift lights?

jlomein

Enlightened
It's that time of year again! Christmas is a month away and I'm looking for two categories of gift lights:

1) <$2 "throw in" light. Something to spice up a small cookie gift bag that you would be giving to over 20 coworkers/distant friends. Going to use the $0.50 DX phauxton lights if no suggestions.

2) <$15 EDC or keychain light. A high quality light with a UI dead simple for non-CPFers. The more complicated the features and brightness levels, the more likely it'll be left in a drawer. I was thinking of the Inova XS single AAA unless there's something better.

Thanks for your help!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree for #1. For number two, I just found a simple penlight that uses either 10440 or AAA, with a Nichia 219B as the emitter. Simple on/of button on the tail, pocket clip, in stainless, claimed 240 lumens. Using the coupon in the Dealer's Forum they are $6.99 USD shipped from GearBest. Add a buck something for seven day shipping, and another buck thirty for insurance if desired, and it is still under $10. I have a couple on order that should get here in a day or two, and will let everyone know how they are after I get them.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The mag-lite solitaire in silver works well for a keychain light. Silver is a bare alluminum and doesn't show wear like other colors over time.

And just about everybody can turn it on.

Not much bigger than the aaa inside and virtually zero chance of turning on inside ones pocket.
It's the sort of light I'd give my mother when only the best will do.

Not saying the mag is the worlds best. Just saying I trust that model enough to give one to my mom.

tops2

Enlightened
I love my Nitecore tube. It's only around $10. Drawback is once in a while it may turn on in the pockets.