2012 Movie...

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
If the Mayans were so bright, why aren't they still around? A more interesting question/scenario is if you knew there was a doomsday meteor coming, what would you do in the last month, week, day, hour, minutes?

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard a rumor that the Jamacan bobsled team, having been denied their true place on the podium for a gold medal, by the KGB bobsled moles, have contacted terrorists from Monaco. Together they have purchased an ex-Soviet nuclear submarine on the black market complete with nuclear warheads. Their reported intent is to take it to the North Pole, and blow up Santa's workshop in 2012 with a massive strike of nuclear missles, thus destroying Christmas aad the hopes of children all over the world, just like their dreams were destroyed.

Obviously what will happen is that they will inadvertently, with the nuclear strike, knock the Earth off its axis, thus the massive change in water distribution causing the shown tidal waves.

nitesky

Newly Enlightened
I heard a rumor that the Jamacan bobsled team, having been denied their true place on the podium for a gold medal, by the KGB bobsled moles, have contacted terrorists from Monaco. Together they have purchased an ex-Soviet nuclear submarine on the black market complete with nuclear warheads. Their reported intent is to take it to the North Pole, and blow up Santa's workshop in 2012 with a massive strike of nuclear missles, thus destroying Christmas aad the hopes of children all over the world, just like their dreams were destroyed.

Here is the most important question then: What kind of flashlights do you think the Russians have on their subs?

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the most important question then: What kind of flashlights do you think the Russians have on their subs?

If reports are accurate, some of thse subs have been so poorly maintained the last number of years that who needs a flashlight. Crew members just need to hold out a hand and the glow illuminates the area.

EssLight

Newly Enlightened
A more interesting question/scenario is if you knew there was a doomsday meteor coming, what would you do in the last month, week, day, hour, minutes?
In the last month, I would load up my credit card to the max buying all the toys I want, knowing I will never have to pay for them.:naughty:

In the last few minutes, I would go outside to watch it hit. Maybe I would first travel to a particular vantage point if I knew it would be a good place to watch from.

Oh, and I would... no, I can't bring that up on this forum... :whistle:

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be pathetic if that huge body of water was created by an impact from space.

That is just such a mind boggling amount of water, I mean my god to wash over those huge high Himalayas like that is insane. They are so far from the ocean too.

I'm out of ideas about this, I'm thinking something alien or out of this world.

this kinda reminds me of the first Day after tomorrow teaser trailer I saw were this whole ocean swallowed the Statue of liberty.

But only 10000000x worse.:eek:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That's the day all the planets are supposed to line up perfectly, during their orbits as they pass each other. An extremely rare event.

Somehow, that causes a major disaster.... Or so it goes.

Last edited:

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're thinking asteroid impacts, you should look up Apophis which will pass extremely close to Earth on Friday the 13th in April 2029. This passes so close to Earth that it actually will intersect satellite orbits. And that it also can pass close enough to actually affect it's orbit so that on it's next pass it can hit.

Marduke

Flashaholic
That's the day all the planets are supposed to line up perfectly, during their orbits as they pass each other. An extremely rare event.

Somehow, that causes a major disaster.... Or so it goes.

You're thinking of May 5th, 2005. The "danger" of December 21st 2012 is not spelled out anywhere. It's only noted in a number of cultures as being "very important".

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
What ever happened it would have to happen the way a bath tub fills up.
Waves break as water slows down and piles up as the water gets shallow. Gentle slope, relatively gentle breakers over a larger area.

A wave hitting a steep slope piles up and crashes down fast and hard.
Just ask the divers who have not paid attention at Monastery beach on Hwy 1 South of Monterey, CA.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're thinking asteroid impacts, you should look up Apophis which will pass extremely close to Earth on Friday the 13th in April 2029. This passes so close to Earth that it actually will intersect satellite orbits. And that it also can pass close enough to actually affect it's orbit so that on it's next pass it can hit.
ahhhh, well if anyone looked it up, youll see he IS just scaring us...phew! :p"Additional observations of the trajectory of Apophis revealed the keyhole would likely be missed, and on August 5, 2006 Apophis was lowered to a Level 0 on the Torino Scale. As of October 19, 2006, the impact probability for April 13, 2036, was calculated as 1 in 45,000."-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis

Crenshaw

BrighTor

Newly Enlightened
Those seem like good odds, but from aonther apophis site:

From: http://www.deepastronomy.com/apophis-asteroid-could-hit-earth.html
Odds of dying in a plane crash: 1-in-354,319 so...the odds, while not that high, are certainly something to keep an eye on, especially as new and more accurate data collection occurs.

Am I going to lose any sleep over this? No. I'm more worried about the zombies and such. It is interesting conjecture though. It'd be a heck of a note for us to finally be getting on the "environment" bandwagon and start cleaning up our acts and then "WHAMMO!" we're all vaporized.

Me? I'd really rather not know it's coming. :) Ignorance IS bliss.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they said the Earth was going to pass through the Galactic Equator around then and they aren't quite sure what's going to spin the other way going down the drain.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish i didn't come across this thread, i agree with BrighTor better not to know.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Zombies?
I look forward to zombies! I am prepared and can deal with zombies.

Basted to nothingness in a millisecond by an asteroid, well I can't do much with that.

The big wave in the 2012 movie? Not a good plan in mind for that either! I doubt and boats would be having a good time............ Maybe if I was in a plane?