• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2019 Giveaway Thread

Rasher

Enlightened
RASHER YOU DO SPEEDRUNS?!?!

What game?! You are truly something else ahahahaha love it!
Guinness was several games, longest continuous play.

With Team IOG 2nd place world-wide in BF2.

Speed-Run records were absolute no-glitch no-assist in Far Cry (Original, Hawaiian shirt Jack, not the later crap), several chambers in Portal, several chambers in Portal 2, several missions in COD. Absolute score record in Sniper Elite 2. I've not kept track of these records, surely most if not all broken by now.
Others I can't remember - it's been a long time, I stopped gaming and got back to mathematics/probability research.

Here's an old COD example that set the record of the time under my VG name
(Edit: LOL on the above: I just watched it, forgot that while I was ****ing around with strategies and recording runs, it was recording the Skype conversation a gaming pal was having with me (only his end is audible, but I was babbling about strategies and what was happening in real-time) when I took the record from 45-ish seconds to 13-ish seconds (that stage "normally" takes several minutes to complete), I had to perfect-arc a grenade to explode on a troop truck not yet where it would be while popping an RPG at a random-position smoke-obscured troop transport in a completely different place, and get all killed in the same second or so window, which gave a huge quick-kill bonus, the total score reaching the "success" limit).

Here's an old Portal record run, later broken, taken back, broken...

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
(Must Choose Hotlink for Forum)

Hopefully picture works, never posted an image to CPF before. Me several years ago at my schools observatory, which I helped to save/ and run. I also was implemental in getting an Astronomy program back at the school, through much persistence and passive-aggressive confrontations with administration.... WORTH IT! Even though I didn't get to benefit from the program, hopefully others will, and the observatory is in better shape than ever constantly looking at the stars :)

2. Something about me.... the first thing I think of is "I'm type 1 diabetic" because usually I say something like "I really like flashlights" but we all do here.... My beetus does play a big role in why I first got interested in flashlights, every single day I have to be very prepared for any curve-ball that could be thrown at me. That very quickly extended to having a flashlight (or 4) nearby at all times.

3. Dec. 18th, 1944. During the Battle of St. Vith in the Ardennes Offensive of WWII, one of the smallest, lightest armored American vehicles took out the biggest, baddest, and heaviest tank of World War Two. An M8 Greyhound armored car successfully eliminated, on it's own, a King Tiger tank (Tiger II/ Konigstiger). Mark Felton does a much better job than I ever could, here is a link to his youtube of the event if curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx8InfzkHYI

I will pick 1311 for consistency.

I think 1 for 3 people, spread the love!

Last edited by a moderator:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
How come none of you guys look like what I imagine you guys would look like?

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
How come none of you guys look like what I imagine you guys would look like?

LOL :laughing:

My hair is shorter now! I went full-hippy in college. I know that kind of thing is hard to explain, I think about it a lot, but I'm now terribly curious as to what you thought!!!

Thanks for the hotlink fix ;)

lfmgAXy.jpg

About me; Well I, obviously, can't take a good selfie, but I have been able to stay married to my better 3/4's for 33.5 years. So there's that. I also enjoy driving a wonderful ten year old Cadillac STS, but only to church on Sunday. For those of you wondering, the bottom of the t-shirt reads - Get A V8.

Random fact; Cadillac's resale values tend to drop like hot potatoes, which is why we were able to afford one. :broke:

Let there be three winners.

~ Chance

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to referring back to this thread when I want to remember what you guys look like. Thanks for starting this Vihn.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
74-EF7620-0-C66-45-D9-BB3-D-21-F32-C2-DB584.jpg

2. I drive up and down the hills of San Francisco with the historic cable cars 5 days a week.

3. If you take all the ants and humans in the world and weighed them on a scale, they would weight the same.
You can hear a lions roar 5 miles away.
Mike Tyson tried to bribe a zoo attendant with $10,000 dollars to fight a gorilla.

Last edited:

see level

Enlightened
https://postimg.cc/Fk3LW65d
Well, uploading a picture is pretty complicated. I know I have figured it out before. I could live on fruit. Especially mangoes, lychee and bananas. They say the earth spins 1000 mph at the equator but I have never felt the spin. I feel very lucky to live in Hawaii.
Number 1029

Last edited:
Well, I'd enter but I don't want to post a picture of myself on the internet so... if there were actually 4 options instead of 3 "must fulfill 3 of 4 options" I would have participated lol. Following this thread for the next giveaway though :)

Thanks Vinh

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I don't use Facebook or any other social media and there's really only one reason I would put my picture online and that Is for a chance to win a V54 light.

:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs
:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs
:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbsv