• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

25% discount 1 year e-commerce anniversary

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hey Olight fans!

To celebrate our new online shop and one year of e-commerce, we will have a special 25% discount period site-wide at www.olightstore.com on August 27th-29th.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our customers and fans worldwide for your loyalty and support!
Oops! We forgot to mention. Besides the 25% DISCOUNT, we will also include a free black I3E EOS flashlight on every purchase above $99.

Please visit
www.olightstore.com for special giveaways as well until the launch. Good luck!

nmNV2TR.jpg

Paul Baldwin

Enlightened
Hi,

I'm looking to buy an S1A at the moment but I'm in the England. Is your new site going to be for international customers or just North American like the present one?

Thanks,

Paul.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Yes unfortunately olightstore.com is only for North America. You would need to go through our UK distributor.

Hi,

I'm looking to buy an S1A at the moment but I'm in the England. Is your new site going to be for international customers or just North American like the present one?

Thanks,

Paul.

Paul Baldwin

Enlightened
If you mean the Olight Amazon priced at £50 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IN27P9U/ that won't be happening then sorry.
That equates to $67 for a torch you are selling for $37.50 with the 25% reduction applied. Quite a difference for the exact same item and packaging I'm sure you'll agree. Rip off Britain is alive and well it seems!

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

Paul.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
Hey Olight fans!

To celebrate our new online shop and one year of e-commerce, we will have a special 25% discount period site-wide at www.olightstore.com on August 27th-29th.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our customers and fans worldwide for your loyalty and support!
Oops! We forgot to mention. Besides the 25% DISCOUNT, we will also include a free black I3E EOS flashlight on every purchase above $99.

Please visit
www.olightstore.com for special giveaways as well until the launch. Good luck!

nmNV2TR.jpg

Olightworld

Enlightened
Well I'm sorry that you feel that way. This is a promotion for the North American market. I am sure there will be something in the future for the UK.

If you mean the Olight Amazon priced at £50 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IN27P9U/ that won't be happening then sorry.
That equates to $67 for a torch you are selling for $37.50 with the 25% reduction applied. Quite a difference for the exact same item and packaging I'm sure you'll agree. Rip off Britain is alive and well it seems!

Paul.

thejrod

Newly Enlightened

Paul.
To be fair, they are the US distributor... you could complain to your UK distributor.
Additionally... just because someone can get it cheaper, does that really change your perceived value? If it's not worth £50 to you, then don't buy it. There are several people getting them for free in exchange for a review, but that doesn't change its value to me.

And lastly, it's not our fault you wankers cocked up your economy into a load of tosh, or whatever you blokes say. ;)

Paul Baldwin

Enlightened
To be fair, they are the US distributor... you could complain to your UK distributor.
Additionally... just because someone can get it cheaper, does that really change your perceived value? If it's not worth £50 to you, then don't buy it. There are several people getting them for free in exchange for a review, but that doesn't change its value to me.

And lastly, it's not our fault you wankers cocked up your economy into a load of tosh, or whatever you blokes say. ;)

Not quite seeing your argument as these lights are Chinese in origin and $30 premium shipping cost on a torch that weighs a reported 1.29oz just seems a bit OTT? It must be just me sorry? If Olight didn't just take the easy route and convert the dollars to pounds price maybe they'd be in a better position to break into the market? There's only 60-70 million people here tho, maybe it's not worth their bother?

Ps. I think you'll find the pound is still worth more than the dollar even when it is on its arse :nana: Take a look at the Italian banks, Deutchebank, Portugal etc and the shape they're in. Would you want to be tied to Europe? :tinfoil::duh2:

Pps. Nice use of English slang. Not a bad effort :)

I've been waiting a number of years to replace my EDC. This torch seems to be a significant step in the right direction, hence my deciding to purchase one. I've done my research and am pretty confident it will fulfill my needs in flexibility at work, home, camping etc, be well made and reliable, with a UI that appeals especially! I don't mind paying a bit extra for better quality but would have rather have bought one at a more competitive price. It is a global market after all :)

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
Not quite seeing your argument as these lights are Chinese in origin and $30 premium shipping cost on a torch that weighs a reported 1.29oz just seems a bit OTT? It must be just me sorry? If Olight didn't just take the easy route and convert the dollars to pounds price maybe they'd be in a better position to break into the market? There's only 60-70 million people here tho, maybe it's not worth their bother?

Ps. I think you'll find the pound is still worth more than the dollar even when it is on its arse :nana: Take a look at the Italian banks, Deutchebank, Portugal etc and the shape they're in. Would you want to be tied to Europe? :tinfoil::duh2:

Pps. Nice use of English slang. Not a bad effort :)

I've been waiting a number of years to replace my EDC. This torch seems to be a significant step in the right direction, hence my deciding to purchase one. I've done my research and am pretty confident it will fulfill my needs in flexibility at work, home, camping etc, be well made and reliable, with a UI that appeals especially! I don't mind paying a bit extra for better quality but would have rather have bought one at a more competitive price. It is a global market after all :)

I can empathise with your situation as I'm in NZ myself and the list of official flashlight distributors are surprisingly dismal here as well as jacked up pricing for most brands even if they have them. If you are brave and willing to buy from unofficial distributors, eBay is a good place to find sellers that can offer competitive pricing and free shipping most of the time. But, it's at your own risk as warranty can be non-existent and you will most likely have to send a light back to China if it have any problems.

thejrod

Newly Enlightened
Not quite seeing your argument as these lights are Chinese in origin and $30 premium shipping cost on a torch that weighs a reported 1.29oz just seems a bit OTT? It must be just me sorry?
Yeah, it'd be great if they could import them to the UK at prices equivalent to US pricing, and I don't blame you for not wanting to pay ~$67 for it - it's not worth even $50 to me, but I'm considering it at 25% off.
Hopefully your UK distributor will have a similar sale soon.

Paul Baldwin

Enlightened
Yeah, it'd be great if they could import them to the UK at prices equivalent to US pricing, and I don't blame you for not wanting to pay ~$67 for it - it's not worth even $50 to me, but I'm considering it at 25% off.
Hopefully your UK distributor will have a similar sale soon.

It appears the UK distributor has had a "sale". I had already however ordered and recieved an S1A after taking a risk on an ebayer I'd never dealt with before and it was still cheaper than the Olight Amazon "sale" price! Infact since I ordered mine there's another ebayer offering the torch at the same price as the one I just recieved with both the amber and white diffusers included in the price, sods law at play yet again :shakehead I still ended up paying a full £12 more than the North American sale price and now have to rely on luck that I don't have a problem and end up paying the postage to get it to China and back. This puts into context what £75 buys you in the UK http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...searchad=new,nearlynew,used&logcode=p&adPos=2 It has 3 light settings, 110W on high, same colour as the S1a and A/C as a bonus extra :laughing:

LeafSamurai. I wonder how many others in different countries are in the same situation? Seems like a strange decision on a sales strategy to adopt? The UK is awash with sub-standard Chinese products as there QC is often found lacking. Firms like Olight have their work cutout as it is to standout from the crowd.

As for the light, it's great and I would definitely recommend it to anyone :D One slight issue is the Lithium-ion I have isn't upto the job and won't maintain turbo mode so I now need to try and source a better quality one. :broke: About the only thing I can suggest to make it better is to add some texture to the button so it's easier to find in the dark but I think I can cope with that :)

Ray1968

Newly Enlightened
So the -25% price of the SR52 UT kit that comes with the 2600 mah batts is $156.75 (normal price $198.00), but the everyday price through amazon prime is $149.95? And the amazon price includes a holster that the Olight site doesn't?

Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
So the -25% price of the SR52 UT kit that comes with the 2600 mah batts is $156.75 (normal price $198.00), but the everyday price through amazon prime is $149.95? And the amazon price includes a holster that the Olight site doesn't?

Am I missing something here?
The description show:
INCLUDED ACCESSORIES:
Spare O-rings (x2)
5v 1A USB power adapter
Micro-USB Cable
Car Charger
three (3) 3400mAh 18650 Olight batteries

Not sure but looks like the kit already comes with three (3) 3400mAh 18650 Olight batteries for $123.75, you don't need to purchase the optional 2600 mAh batteries and I assume it also includes the holster and the plastic carrying case which are not listed in the accessories list.

Ray1968

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I guess it comes with the batteries then. I went ahead and ordered one, but I'd like to get some clarification from Olight regarding the holster and carrying case.

A couple gripes about the new site.... 1) I was never given the option during checkout to choose a shipping address different than my billing address. I would rather have had the light shipped to my work address. 2) Kaspersky blocks the Olightstore checkout page. Says it contains a phishing link. Had to disable Kaspersky in order to checkout.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
I'm sure it also comes with holster and carrying case, just not advertised. Good price buy the way, specially with the three 3400mAh 18650. Unfortunately I can't said the same for the S2A Baton because Olight store is adding the shipping cost to the price of the light which brings it up to the same price as the ones selling on eBay from US Distributors with free shipping. I guess I need to spend over $49 in order to take advantage of the 25% discount. Buying it after the 3 days Super Sale is out of the question because it will cost more.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple gripes about the new site.... ... ... 2) Kaspersky blocks the Olightstore checkout page. Says it contains a phishing link. Had to disable Kaspersky in order to checkout.
That is probably not Olights' fault. I sent a report of false positive to newvirus.kaspersky.com. That should be fixed soon. I was able to proceed by clicking Allow All and Continue, then refreshing the page, without disabling Kaspersky.

TheIntruder

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Where will items purchased from olightstore.com ship from?

Since this offer is from the U.S. distributor, and my invoice says free shipping is via USPS, I'd assume they ship from Georgia.

Just curious -- has anyone received a shipping notice?

I've never ordered from them before, and curious how long they take, but I'd assume they were slammed by the sale.

Last edited: