• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2C FM11 & 3C FM85 Ready To Ship

strideredc

Enlightened
FM, in the 3xC version how well will some of the avaliable 12v G4 bi pin bulbs work? maybe not the 12v long life as you can over drive these to 15v+ but the 100/ 50 hour versions.... its the bulb situation (no 1185 ect ect) that puts me off these amazing looking lights

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
FM, in the 3xC version how well will some of the avaliable 12v G4 bi pin bulbs work? maybe not the 12v long life as you can over drive these to 15v+ but the 100/ 50 hour versions.... its the bulb situation (no 1185 ect ect) that puts me off these amazing looking lights
Please see here
If anybody can get these Amazon Japan base lamps, will make all incand people more happy.

strideredc

Enlightened
Hi FM thanks for that, I can't buy with my amazon account and I can't set up a amazon. jp account due to not having a Japanese phone number...

if one of our Asian friends could do a group buy or even a bulk buy... one to you in the US and one to me in the UK... I would happy buy $100 worth or more and sell on to anyone in the UK (not for profit) 😞

bridgman

Enlightened
I was able to place an order for those bulbs from Canada, although oddly enough I did not receive an order confirmation email from amazon.jp. I was able to go back into my account and confirm the order, however.

If the bulbs do end up shipping without incident I could probably order more and ship out to US & UK. I might need help figuring out the tariff codes if they aren't spelled out in the shipment that I receive. I will also check out the re-shipper that konifans mentioned.

I have been getting a bit concerned because my last 1185 bulb blew and I was having a very tough time finding ~9.6v bulbs to get my 1185 going again. If not for these bulbs from Japan I was thinking the next step might be to figure out a battery solution that would overdrive Osram 12V bulbs. Finding that battery solution would be a lot easier if 26500's were easier to find.

Dumb question for fivemega - these flashlights are all designed around lithium ion C / 26500 cells - are you aware of any good sources for them ?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will take
#14 FM09 3x26500 IMR 2200 Lumens $180 (AVAILABLE)
From the bulb thread
2x G4 CJ (6V, 20W) $6 pair (Use 6 Eneloop or 2 IMR 18650) (30 AVAILABLE)
2x Potted WA01185-U (9.6V, 3.15A) $14 Each (2 AVAILABLE) (Use 9 Eneloop or 3 protected)
1x G4 Bi-pin WA01274-U (7.2V, 2.77A) $10 Each (ONE AVAILABLE) (Use 6 Eneloop or 2 IMR)
3 G4 Bi-pin WA01331-U (9.6V, 2A) $10 Each (13 AVAILABLE) (Use 9 Eneloop or 3 protected)
Shipping to States $10

PAYPAL SENT FOR $270

FM, I have to say that without guys like you and Luxluthor pioneering this industry in the early days I don't think I would be where I'm at today (in business). I'm greatful for all the wonderful creations you've brought to us over the years.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
FM.. First of all awesome light. I know selling these out on day one would have been awesome for you, but I can't tell you how glad I am there was one still here for me.

I did have one small hiccup I'm hoping you can help me sort. I had 3 C li-ion cells that were almost fully charged, but not hot, they had been sitting for days. When I put them in the light the bulb insta flashed. I'm wondering if maybe I got the wrong bulb? Or maybe I should have discharged the cells some first? Here is a picture of the bulb that was in mine.

I was thinking that the 1909 bulb had a pointy tip on it. I have some bulbs I thought I got from you that are pointed and say li-ion so if this is 1909 then I'm not sure what the others would be...
20230626_154926[1].jpg