2xAA Round-up Review: Fenix, Nitecore, Olight, ITP, Eagletac, Jetbeam, Mag ...

RemcoM

Enlightened
Beam distance (in meters) = square root of (lux@1m divided by lux intensity you want). You can find out more on my ANSI FL-1 page, as well as the flashlight Wiki ANSI FL-1 page.

My point previously was that 0.04 lux is meaningless - it's below the detection sensitivy of most light meters! It's ridiculous to think that the T25 could illuminate anything at that distance.

You could calculate it above, but there's really no point. It's the same relative relationship as at the standard ANSI FL-1 beam distance to 0.25 lux: my T25 does 118m, my TK75 does 608m, and my Olight X6 does 710m.

1 So, you have measured the TK75 and the Olight X6?

2 So, the x6 has 100 metres more throw than the TK75?

3 If i am in the dark at night, at 600/700 metres away from you, and you shine at me with the X6 and TK75 at me, do i light up a bit, and are things around me, trees,buildings, lit up a little?

Thank you for your nice help.

Remco

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
1 So, you have measured the TK75 and the Olight X6?
2 So, the x6 has 100 metres more throw than the TK75?
Yes and yes.

3 If i am in the dark at night, at 600/700 metres away from you, and you shine at me with the X6 and TK75 at me, do i light up a bit, and are things around me, trees,buildings, lit up a little?
Not much. Put it this way - if it was pitch dark all around, you would be lit up by those lights at those distances to the same level as if it were a full moon out.

vianocka

Newly Enlightened
Finally came across this post!! I was looking for exactly this kind of review. Keep em coming :)

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Finally came across this post!! I was looking for exactly this kind of review. Keep em coming :)
Glad you liked it, and my other reviews. Unfortunately, I have not had time to maintain these sorts of round-up reviews - they are just too time consuming, with all the individual reviews that I do. But I do keep an updated list of all my reviews - including sorted by battery type - on my www.flashlightreviews.ca website.

Oh, and :welcome:

RemcoM

Enlightened
Glad you liked it, and my other reviews. Unfortunately, I have not had time to maintain these sorts of round-up reviews - they are just too time consuming, with all the individual reviews that I do. But I do keep an updated list of all my reviews - including sorted by battery type - on my www.flashlightreviews.ca website.

Oh, and :welcome:

Hi Selfbuilt,

Can the Olight T25 light up trees at 360 meters distance?

Is it possible to see some illuminance?

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Selfbuilt,

Can the Olight T25 light up trees at 360 meters distance?

Is it possible to see some illuminance?

I think the question you should be asking is: Is the Olight T25 brighter than a car's headlights?

RemcoM

Enlightened
My seller, still holds on to say that (he owns also a T25) his T25, lights up trees at 360 meters distance.

He is not reliable i think.

Why does he continues say that?

Why does the olight T25 not illuminate trees at 300 meters plus distance?

kj2

Flashaholic

Why he keeps saying it? That's something you should ask him. Let him come with photos.
It doesn't reach 300mtrs because it doesn't have the output/reflector to do so.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
My seller, still holds on to say that (he owns also a T25) his T25, lights up trees at 360 meters distance.

He is not reliable i think.

You're asking us to speak on behalf of another person who is most likely either: purposely not telling the truth, or: is confused as to meters vs feet. Even with potential mods by V54, there is no reflectored light in this form factor that can hope to punch almost 1181 feet. Unless you have something with the output of an XML In the size of an xpe or xre, it is a currently unacheivable feat by small 2aa reflectored flashlights.

Maybe if vinh dedomes and overdrives the LED the T25 might touch to 200 meters with an xpe.... Lets put this in perspective: 360 meters is 1182 feet. That's almost a quarter mile, and would require 32000 lux to barely touch the target. If I'm not mistaken, the original deft edc punched out 32000 lux with an aspheric. Stock small 2aa lights cannot hope to match a custom job.

Last edited:

RemcoM

Enlightened
But i go buy this light from my seller, because of its huge floodstyle.

I have seen nice video,s, and photos, and want a compact small floodlight, and this light delivers that.

I think a perfect light for look around my house.

I really like the small size of this light, and the nice floody style.

So, i give it a try.