• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 3rd Run: Custom Reamed Camless Reflectors

litho123

Enlightened
If its not to late I would like
(2) #3 MOP with .650" hole for P7's @ $22 ea

$44 + $6 for shipping
$50 total

Let me know if I can get in on this and I will send PayPal asap. Thanks!

Hi 737mech -

Sure. Glad to have you join this project. Just send paypal and we'll get you taken care of.

This goes for anyone else who wants to jump on this.

I'll post a CLOSED notice/post when we stop accepting folks.

litho123

Enlightened
Hi folks -
I'll be boxing up the reflectors and sending it out monday morning for Mac to work his magic.

This thread is **CLOSED** to new participants.

Scattergun

Enlightened
A bump out of curiosity:D and a big cheerio for a great initiative making these available! :party:

wayne21

Newly Enlightened
These cam-less reflectors are very wel lmade, I picked one up a year ago,and it fit my old maglite. F.M's would not fit into the older maglite,the head was not deep enough. after waiting this long for these reflectors I do not know weather to use them or frame them. truth is I can hardley wait to get them. my maglite sure looks lonely without it's other half. ONE thing I have a problem with is getting them to focus to a tight beam. I do not know if I am doing something wrong,I have the shims,and still can not get it rite. CAN they be focused as tight as the mag chargers beam ? or is it just wishful thinking? ALSO DOE'S ayone know if and where if there is a good after marker maglite switch ? Lighthound has them,but they are $80.00 and are not regulated yet,but they have 3 positions for the post for use with different lenght bulb's. this could come in handy.and m,ake focusind a much easier job. P.S DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER IT WILL BE BEFORE WE GET OUR REFLECTORS ? QUALITY IS WORTH WAITING FOR< BUT I AM GETTING RESTLESS ABOUT GETTING THIS FLASHLIGHT PUT TOGETHER, BEFORE I LOOSE INTREST AND BUILD SOMETHING ELSE. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA ABOUT WHEN WE WIL RECIEVE THESE REFLECTORS PLEASE POST IT SO WE WILL HAVE A GENERAL IDEA THANK YOU

Last edited:

Scattergun

Enlightened
Its almost a month ago they were boxed up and sent for machining, so I guess it´s not that far away. One of the aspects of CPF is the timeframe... Many of the guys here are only doing this on a hobby basis, and because of this, doesn´t have the resources to finish a project all that fast.
But I guess all of us wants a status on the reflectors...

[EDIT] Just got word from Cmacclel, and he hasn´t seen any reflectors... Hope all is well with Litho123 and there is just a short delay in things...

Last edited:

supasizefries

Enlightened
Yeah I hope everything is ok?? If I understand correctly, they should have been shipped out for machining on 6/13?

Scattergun

Enlightened
If I understand correctly, they should have been shipped out for machining on 6/13?

Yes that is correct, but according to the one who should have received them, this has not been done.

Scattergun

Enlightened
One month has gone by, and no contact with Litho123... I wonder if there is any other way of getting in touch with him.
As I see it there are a number of possibilities in this:

A. Litho123 is just in one of those hard to reach areas, and will do the work as soon as possible.

B. Something has happened to him and he is unable to pursue the project.

C. The reflectors has disappeared somewhere between Litho123 and the machineshop, and he is silently waiting for them to get back for further action.

Either way I´d like to get an update from him... Anyone knows how to get in touch with him?

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
One month has gone by, and no contact with Litho123... I wonder if there is any other way of getting in touch with him.
As I see it there are a number of possibilities in this:

A. Litho123 is just in one of those hard to reach areas, and will do the work as soon as possible.

B. Something has happened to him and he is unable to pursue the project.

C. The reflectors has disappeared somewhere between Litho123 and the machineshop, and he is silently waiting for them to get back for further action.

Either way I´d like to get an update from him... Anyone knows how to get in touch with him?

yea me too
icon9.gif

were are you litho123:thinking:

donn_

Flashaholic
How to make a long-distance call to Litho123:

Send a half-a-buck, or whatever Paypal's minimum is, to his Paypal address:

gregholz {at} aol |dot| com

He'll see it.

:D

737mech

Enlightened
Litho123.... where are you? Any kind of update good or bad is better than nothing at all.

wayne21

Newly Enlightened
I sent Mr holz an E-Mail telling him how everyone is worried about why he has not replyed. the thought that he may be sick or hurt. I have not had a reply from yet. I have his home # and have talked to him several times before these orders went through.I will give it another month, if nothing has been found out, I will call his home to make sure he is o.K, and not laid up hurt. I do not like to call anyone at their home unless they are expecting the call. last time we talked he semed well, we talked about reloading ammnution. all that really matters is that he is well and healthy.and did not have any accident. the few times we did talk he seemed to me NOT TO BE the kind of person that would just write everyone off. there fore I fear he may have been hurt, give it a bit more time and I will call to check to see that he is O.K.and doing well.

Last edited:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
He has posted a few times over on the marketplace in the past two weeks. He mentioned that he was very busy with work and he would be getting caught up soon. I'm sure it's just a little hiccup. I have read a few posts from people that have received bulbs from him in the past week, so he must still be shipping items.

wayne21

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone answer a question about stock maglite switchs ? I have gone through 4 of them, and can not see anything wrong with them. No signs of overheating nothing. the spring that pushes the bulb socket up seems to give out As soon as I can find the rite spring I will try to replace the stock spring with a one a bit longer and stronger.this should take care of the problem.. {In my Browning Hero flashlight I replaced the spring between the reflector and bulb socket and it was all it took, much better then it was stock.,easy to focus and the switch was not hard to push as you adjusted the beam.} I am using an 1185 bulb with 11 to 12 volts. 9-A's or 3 C size lithium ion cells. Also does anyone make a better maglite replacement switch that will work with cammed reflectors ? lighthound has a switch for $80.00 ,but will not work with a cammed reflector, and it is not regulated. a bit expensive for what it is . Also if anyone cares I found high drain batteries AA size when charged ,they charge to 1.6 volts not 1.2 like most AA's I should recieve them any day now. One draw back is that the chargers are very limeted only one charger that I know of . the new AA's chemistry is of NiZn. these should really perform well. soon as I test them I will let you all know how they did. If anyone can help me out with the switch problem please do so when your time permits. the best way will to contact me is direct at [email protected]

wayne21

Newly Enlightened
He has posted a few times over on the marketplace in the past two weeks. He mentioned that he was very busy with work and he would be getting caught up soon. I'm sure it's just a little hiccup. I have read a few posts from people that have received bulbs from him in the past week, so he must still be shipping items.
thanks QtrHorse for posting this I really did not want to bother him by calling him at home thank you for the info