4 cell AA Maglite??

D

detroitdiesel

I found this over the summer at a garage sale. It's a black 4 cell AA mini Mag. I can't seem to find any bulbs for it. I just called Mag customer service and they said they have never made one, that someone must have put a Mag cap on a different body. It really feels like Mag quality though right down to the smoothness of the threads.

I can post pictures after my vetting is done.

cheers

D

detroitdiesel

Hmmm. They ok'ed my two previous posts but I reckon they want to make sure I'm not a spam bot before they let me link my Flickr. It's all good though.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Here's a couple to help you out.

8370422477_7d428df7ac.jpg
8370426849_31879c06b1.jpg

Norm

Last edited:
D

detroitdiesel

Thanks. What URL did you paste? Or did you forgo the buttons all together?

Norm

Retired Administrator
I used your image address between the image tags

If you hit reply with quote on my post you'll see how it's done.

Norm

merrimac

Newly Enlightened
IF YOU GO TO RARE MAGLITE PAGE 2 / ITEM #38 YOU WILL SEE MY 4AA. I ALSO CALLED MAGLITE AND THEY SAID THE SAME THING, WE NEVER MADE A 4AA. THEY WANTED
TO SEE IT TO LOOK IT OVER, I SAID NO THANKS. I GOT MINE FROM A FRIEND THAT FOUND IT AT THE HUSTON GUN SHOW IN 1985. MINE HAS ALL THE "EARLY" MINI PARTS ,ONTARIO BEZEL AND SMALL HOLE IN TAIL CAP FOR THE SPARE BULB. TO MAKE IT WORK, I TOOK A "UK" UNDERWATER KINETICS 4AA MODULE APART TO HAVE A BULB THAT WILL WORK. I THINK MAGLITE R & D DEPARTMENT MADE THE 4AA OR SOMEONE MADE IT ON THEIR LUNCH HOUR, GOOD LUCK, MERRIMAC

KSDeputy

Newly Enlightened
I have a new, steel grey, 3 AA led maglight in a nylon holster. I don't think it is vintage by any means, but it is too long, and not bright enough for what I need.