4Sevens Maelstrom X10 (XM-L, 26650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more!

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
This is far and away my favorite light for work. Simple, powerful and feels solid in the hand. My only minor gripe is the UI. It would have been nice if mode switching required say "3 quick momentary presses", or something along that line. As it is, if you press momentary again within about 2 or so seconds it switches modes on you - slightly annoying, but it's easy enough to switch back. It was really a bargain while they were closing them out too. If you can still find one, I highly recommend it.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new X10 (MMU X) comes with XM-L2. I am still hoping for a clicky switch. I really like mine :)

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
This is far and away my favorite light for work. Simple, powerful and feels solid in the hand. My only minor gripe is the UI. It would have been nice if mode switching required say "3 quick momentary presses", or something along that line. As it is, if you press momentary again within about 2 or so seconds it switches modes on you - slightly annoying, but it's easy enough to switch back. It was really a bargain while they were closing them out too. If you can still find one, I highly recommend it.
The new X10 (MMU X) comes with XM-L2. I am still hoping for a clicky switch. I really like mine :)
Yes, they are a nice little form factor. Agree about the switch/UI, but I can understand why they went this way (i.e., an actual clicky switch would have current flow issues, and presumably the two-stage pressure twisty mechanism is off limits for patent issues). :shrug:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanna say how much I appreciate the meticulous information provided here. The factory specs and outputs are so useful on lights that are no longer in production. Thanks.