• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 6-7 UPDATE.....I'll Cerakote Your Host or any Parts

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM sent for some other bodies to coat, Dereelights and a Lumapower! :wave:

Because I'm a geek, there will be at least 5 lights, so the next batch to send off may be complete soon... :naughty:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are my completed EX10/D10!

They are, from left to right : Highland Green D10, Blue Titanium EX10, Midnight Blue D10 and Flat Dark Earth EX10. The pistons have been modded by Pugga and the polished rings (with holes for clip attachment) are also by him. The blue titanium EX10 sports a crenelated ti bezel by Russtang... :devil:

Titanium Blue EX10 & Highland Green D10 by day :

Highland Green D10 and Titanium Blue EX10 by night :

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thierry,

Those are the best looking nitecores I've ever seen. Loving the pistons!!

John,

They are, indeed! That's only thanks to your sercice and thanks to Pugga, who's a piston milling and tritting master. I bet he doesn't mind a little publicity, here's his sales-thread for complete lights, pistons and milling your own pistons (with or without pistons installed) :

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=220344

The price of such a light is crazy however, if I count everything for the green D10 with the "Multi" piston, light, milling, trits, Cerakote, ring, clip it comes to about 230$, plus the shippings... :devil:

Today I stripped down my Dereelights and a Lumapower which will be sint to you tomorrow. Here's the list :

1) Lumapower D-Mini : Forest Green H-248
2) Dereelight Javelin : Battleship Grey H-213
3) Dereelight CL1H : Titanium H-170
4) Dereelight CL1H Aspherical : Coyote Tan H-235
5) Dereelight DBS : Digicamo Jungle
6) Dereelight DBS : Digicamo Desert

That won't be cheap either, but the result will be... the best looking Dereelights (and a Lumapower) we've ever seen!!! :D

One question about the digicamo though. While searching for another virtual gun-coater, to get a better idea about the colors, I found a site which said that they don't do digi-camo, because it can't be made seriously. They claimed that if you oven-cure one layer, the next won't stick anymore while if you don't cure a layer, you can't apply the next one. That confuses me... :confused:

They do another kind of camo, without digi, just spraying one color over the other, looks more or less like a classic camo.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 7-14 UPDATE.....I'll Cerakote Your Host or any Parts

I did this to an insert that was inside the tailcap of a C2-HA....I see no way around marks like this when using needle-nose pliers to pull out the tailcap guts of many Surefire lights.
DSC_0665.jpg

If you forcibly remove the rubber cap first, you can easily push the retaining pin out from the back. Half the time the rubber cap survives, and half the time it doesn't, but a rubber cap is cheap compared to damaging the metal parts :D

ejot

Enlightened
Sorry for going silent after my interest in post 60. Decided on a couple additional lights to coat, but there are some complications. E.g., one I don't know how to disassemble, one I don't own yet .... :laughing:

PM incoming in a few minutes with a couple questions.

I was also wondering what colors are flat and which are glossy? One of them says it is flat, but many others look flat also. Also... had anything coated with Armor Black? Any pics of it anywhere?
Thanks
Charles
If you go to the spec sheet page and click on each color, each is classified "matte", "semi-gloss", etc and further spec'd with a quantitative/relative " gloss units @ 60° "

Matteblack

Newly Enlightened
Sweet. How much would it be to cerakote a McLux PD-S? It's a little wider than a d10, but probably about the same height. Just curious. Thanks!

Looks like we are on the same page......I am thinking a white PD (Maybe with a Titanium Blue Clip) would be amazing with the normal piston and a titanium bezel!!

Last edited:

chas9rr

Newly Enlightened
If you go to the spec sheet page and click on each color, each is classified "matte", "semi-gloss", etc and further spec'd with a quantitative/relative " gloss units @ 60° "

ejot... your exactly right, the spec sheets have very in-depth details about the colors. The list I posted about in post 103 had all the colors listed together with the general properties for side by side generalizations. Just depends on if your a detail person or a overview type... lol.
By the way, what colors do you like?
Charles

jslappa

Enlightened
I've got a few questions in to the shop. I'd really like to offer Orange. It's been a hot topic in many of the threads I've read lately.

This last batch was a big one. I can't wait to see how they turn out. Maybe that will push the shop to get my last 2 C2's back to me soon!

chas9rr

Newly Enlightened
Is it the shop that doesnt want to do orange because it is not a "hard" application?
I agree, I Think there is a demand for that color. I am sure the shop would make the money back on the cost of a bucket of orange.
Edit: I take it back, orange is available in hard, along with yellow and red and pink!

Last edited:

Votekinky06

Newly Enlightened
I have a ra clicky I would love to get coated but I can't figure out how to get it apart. Any tips?

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a ra clicky I would love to get coated but I can't figure out how to get it apart. Any tips?

Once the RA's are assembled they can't be disassembled completely (I think). If left partially assembled the temps for coating will be too high. At least, that is what Henry had mentioned in the RA Clicky thread.

Votekinky06

Newly Enlightened
Once the RA's are assembled they can't be disassembled completely (I think). If left partially assembled the temps for coating will be too high. At least, that is what Henry had mentioned in the RA Clicky thread.

Hmmm, that's not cool at all...

jslappa

Enlightened
Hi all. Just received an email from the shop and business has been so crazy this summer that they have suspended taking new orders until they have processed everything on the schedule. This does not affect any of my previous orders. They are all on the schedule.

Until I post differently, please do not send and items to be coated. As soon as they begin taking new jobs, I'll post here and resume offering this service again. Thanks for understanding.

mikevelarde

Enlightened
Hi all. Just received an email from the shop and business has been so crazy this summer that they have suspended taking new orders until they have processed everything on the schedule. This does not affect any of my previous orders. They are all on the schedule.

Until I post differently, please do not send and items to be coated. As soon as they begin taking new jobs, I'll post here and resume offering this service again. Thanks for understanding.

any news on my digi camo C2??:whistle: