• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 6 shooter / little monster titanium and tritium creations

stingray3

Enlightened
Added a little more glow to my Six, Nine, and Magnum Shooters along with my Spy 007 SWGG XM-L2.......:)

DSCF6144.jpg

DSCF6145.jpg

Last edited:

stingray3

Enlightened
If you are still on the fence on buying one of these shooters from DKlaser your missing out on one of the best tritium lanterns made to date. These are drop dead gorgeous and well worth the money.

robert.t

Enlightened
I'm thinking about ordering one of the new 6 shooters, but I'm a bit unclear on exactly that is and isn't available. Are they available in both 3x23 and 3.5x25, or is the latter just hypothetical? Are they all built-to-order or ready to ship once the trits have been installed?

I'm in the UK so while I'm at it, I suppose I should check if there are any issues shipping here?

One of those sphere lights would be amazing, it's a shame they those impossible to source now. Not my plan for the 6-shooter, but I wonder if the little monster with all white trits (or maybe even green or ice blue) would put out enough light to read by? I've occasionally wondered if it would be possible to make a tritium lamp with a reflector to focus the beam, sort of like an electric bar radiator, as a firefly-level reading light.

DKlaser

Enlightened
Hello! The vast majority of what I have done to this point has used the 3 x 22.5 vials. There was a short time that I was able to get and use 4 x 25 size vials. These quickly dried up though and I am no longer able to buy these. Recently a new size has come out that is 3.5 x 25. I am working on a lantern now for a customer that uses this. This will be the first one that I have used this size with. I am having to buy some new tooling and source some different size stock but I am open for business on this size of vial.

So to be clear, pretty much anything you have seen to date besides things with a sphere or the 4 x 25 size is available. You can pretty much mix and match any style with any vial you like. Also I have shipped all over the world so no that is not an issue at all. Some of these are pretty bright but with these being lanterns the light is going in all directions. You would have to be able to look through some of it staring you in the face to be able to see what it was shining on. The green is the brightest color, the white seems to be close though at least to me.

Please ask if you have any further questions.

Last edited:

robert.t

Enlightened
The green is the brightest color, the white seems to be close though at least to me.

Yeah, I've got some 3x23s in TEC fobs from Merkava so I know how most of the colours look individually, but I have no idea how the light "stacks" when you put 6 or more of the same colour together.

The white is actually my least favourite. It's a slightly weird greyish tint. I don't think it's quite as bright as the green either, but if it's possible to produce enough light to read by, white is obviously going to be a lot more neutral than green. Green or some other colour makes more sense for a locator though, as it's brighter and looks better.

Let me know how you get on with the 3.5x25. I'd definitely be interested in a 6-shooter in that size. The marginally bigger vial over 3x23 probably makes a lot of difference in terms of brightness. I'll most likely be going for all purple, which is one of the less bright colours but it has a pretty cool, slightly ominous look that I like. Trouble is, a single 3x23 just isn't bright enough to be visible in anything but perfect conditions and quite close up.

I'm definitely interested in the possibility of some kind of tritium powered reading light as well, but it's probably one for the future and perhaps more research into how to focus the glow of one or more vials into a directional beam. That said, I do wonder how something like the little monster in all white would work as e.g., a camping lamp to hang inside a tent. Would it put out enough light to be useful and if so, what do you think it would be comparable with?

DKlaser

Enlightened
There is definitely a noticeable difference in brightness between any of these and a single vial lantern. There was also a very noticeable difference between the 4 x 25 vials and the 3 x 22.5 vials. I expect these to be a noticeable difference. My supplier has stated this is the case as well. However none of these are going to be bright enough to be useful as any source of real light unless it is under optimal conditions. As a locator though these will grab your attention in a dark situation immediately.

stingray3

Enlightened
You will not find any tritium lantern bright enough to read by. Even the big Tofty lanterns that have 6 3x50mm vials are not bright enough to read a book with them. The ones that DKlaser has will definately be noticeable but not to read a book with. A betalight might be a better choice to read by.

DKlaser

Enlightened
I have been in contact with him already. I am definitely game for some, how many depends on final price.

robert.t

Enlightened
I have been in contact with him already. I am definitely game for some, how many depends on final price.

I'd be interested in at least one item using one of these, but would rather buy a complete locator or sphere-light as the sphere on its own wouldn't be much use to me (hence I probably won't join in the GB directly). If you need me to sign up for a pre order or put money down to help make this happen, let me know. Also interested to hear suggestions on how to make use of them in more ways than just the sphere lights. Pendants would not be so much my thing, but I'm sure there could be a lot of interesting possibilities for these - I just haven't given it a lot of thought yet.

it's just a shame they all need to be green. Although it's the brightest, I think for many purposes ice blue is nearly as bright but looks better. Maybe we can get the order up to 100 :)

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be interested in at least one item using one of these, but would rather buy a complete locator or sphere-light as the sphere on its own wouldn't be much use to me (hence I probably won't join in the GB directly). If you need me to sign up for a pre order or put money down to help make this happen, let me know. Also interested to hear suggestions on how to make use of them in more ways than just the sphere lights. Pendants would not be so much my thing, but I'm sure there could be a lot of interesting possibilities for these - I just haven't given it a lot of thought yet.

it's just a shame they all need to be green. Although it's the brightest, I think for many purposes ice blue is nearly as bright but looks better. Maybe we can get the order up to 100 :)

+1 :D

DKlaser

Enlightened
If this comes through I will be getting a few for sure. I would rather not accept any funds right now until some of this stuff is in hand. When we have confirmed spheres then we all coordinate their purchase and what we are going to do with them. This keeps everyone in a good spot, just be on the lookout.

DKlaser

Enlightened
Ok people, I have a line on some 18mm orange spheres. I am willing to make some things with these. Who is interested?

robert.t

Enlightened
Nobody interested in these?????

TBH, I don't know. Orange is a bit dim for a sphere light, but might make a good.... something. Trouble is, I'm not sure what!

What is probably going to happen is that I'm going to think about it for a while, and then one day I'll come up with the perfect use for them. And on that day, they will have sold out!

DKlaser

Enlightened
I am looking to pick up a nice piece of timascus. This material is super pricey but so good looking. Is anyone interested in a lantern before I pick it up?

jtexe

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to pick up a nice piece of timascus. This material is super pricey but so good looking. Is anyone interested in a lantern before I pick it up?

Dear DKlaser:
I may come up with some interest if it is within my limit and if you can also find a sphere(guess it should be IceBlue) that matches.
By the way, my late Shooter has been gorgeous, thankU! :D

h34me

Newly Enlightened
No spheres to be had in blue :(

any in green? i would nab one in a second. how much for the orange sphere and 18mm sphere torch? or general prices for whatever you have in stock

i reallly want an 18mm sphere!