742 Torch Lumens! Most beautiful runtime curve. NEOFAB Legion II MC-E review added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernon

Enlightened
Neo, good luck on your trip to check out the production of the standard L2. I hope all goes well - we're looking forward to the ship date. If you are able, log in sometime while you're gone and give us an update...thanks!

neoseikan

Enlightened
Today, in Hongkong.
Hard to visit internet.
But I made it.
I paid the workshop for the bodies, but still need to wait.
What can we get this time?

1- Longer tube.
2- A regular but good HA finish, not less than Fenix/Jetbeam.
3- Better waterproof.
4- Easier to assemble.

I ask for your kind patient again, this time, it worth waiting.

BTW, I also hope there can be more orders, Legion II is our favorite product, and it worth more than the price you pay.
We can get a TK40 or M1X at the half cost of Legion II, but we choose to produce a geek item, but not a regular one made in China.

Vernon

Enlightened
Well, it sounds like Neo is making some positive progress in fixing some of the issues with the first round of the Legion II - I guess there are some advantages for those of us still waiting. I would hate to pay $200 for a light and not be able to use my protected cells.

chrisWELD

Newly Enlightened
Well, it sounds like Neo is making some positive progress in fixing some of the issues with the first round of the Legion II - I guess there are some advantages for those of us still waiting. I would hate to pay $200 for a light and not be able to use my protected cells.

Hopefully Neo is indeed working through the gremlins at a good rate :whistle:

I've been watching this light for a little while (just a few weeks compared to those who've been waiting for months). Very tempting but like many others out there I will wait until all the quality issues are resolved - particularly re the battery fit.

Once those are solved and the lead time becomes a bit more reasonable then I'd be willing to lay down my dosh (£'s).

That's a reasonable base expectation that a lot of people will require to feel comfortable with placing orders.

It's also a concern that the Spartan II issues are not completely resolved either (previous thread on here somewhere). How long has that been outstanding? :eek:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent job!

Thanks for sharing.

Approximately 64.2354672221% of the credit goes to wbp. most of the lights were his and he clicked the button to take the pictures. I held lights, took notes, and then posted them into the slide show.

There will be more to come at another from a future top secret rendevous. G

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Approximately 64.2354672221% of the credit goes to wbp. most of the lights were his and he clicked the button to take the pictures. I held lights, took notes, and then posted them into the slide show.

There will be more to come at another from a future top secret rendevous. G

Any chance of holding on to the Deft long enough for me to take a look at it.

Jose

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the DEFT in my posession. wbp told me he measured it in his 16" sphere system that he built (we cross calibrated them both with various lights some of which I have not listed) and he measured about 200 lumens out the front of it which sounds about right and he was returning it since he was done testing it.

Considering it has 2 lenses with no AR coatings on them, you have to figure total loss of 4% per surface roughly so there is that, the rear lense collects more light than a single lense system but not necessarily all of it, so a little more loss. I believe it was stated that the LED source was about 240 lumens, so getting 200 out the front isn't bad at all considering the difficulties in accurately measuring a very tight spot light source in a sphere to begin with. But that's what spheres are for.

So its gone, you don't get to play with it. Just be jealous that I had it in my hands and could see for myself just how tightly focused that beam was, it was actually much larger than I thought. It does put those single lense aspherics to shame.

Also the wash out of the images due to the extremely high contrast that you see in the picture also reflects what I saw with my eyes as well. It was hard to make out those targets and what was in them because they were so washed out in light compared to the highly contrasted dark area. So I didn't find it all that useful at only 103 yards. Some will argue that just means it even better at 206 yards, maybe so. Its just not that useful to me. If it had a much warmer tint maybe it would have been easier on the eyes. I much prefer the beam patterns of the Legion II and the M2XC4 Triple. I could see getting the triple in a "warm" version. G.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
I remember saabluster saying that the DEFT was generating around 350 lumens at the emitter.......hmmm.

But the sphere says OTF is 200. He guessed about 235 or so...

Nice work guys...we all love accuracy.

HKJ

Flashaholic

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
can we get detail shots of the light disassembled?

I want to look at the clicky switch, the tube and the head separately.

Does this light get hot after 1hr use?

Status
Not open for further replies.