7ah Ni-Cad D cells

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Page says "... flat top. This is not for regular customer use...."
(The picture seems to show a button top.)

I'd ask the seller for more information and why they're on sale (and where they're made).

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks,
I didn't notice that. I'll have to check. If I find anything out I'll let you know.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 7 Ah NiCd D cells

Off the top of my head I would have thought 7 Ah sounds a bit high for NiCd D cells. What's a typical figure?

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Last edited:

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 7 Ah NiCd D cells

I bought one of these from Amondotech a while ago. It actually tested out to about 7Ah (using my Triton to charge/discharge). I charged it at 2A once, and it leaked all over the place. So I think that these will genuinely produce 7Ah of capacity, but since they're pretty cheap cells, you probably can't quick charge them - I wouldn't feed them more than 1A when charging.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
And no offense, but I wouldn't rely on ebay claims as a reference for determining the maximum possible capacity of any type of battery.
Look for mainline manufacturer reference numbers, not sales pitches.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just recieved 8 of these cells. They are indeed button top batteries.
These ought to work evcellent in my led lantern. I'll keep you posted as to how they work out. Should be pretty decent for $5 a peice.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope you're taking the warning above about charging rate to heart - let us know how you charge/recharge them? Thanks for taking the chance and sharing the results. I could use something like this too (in the absence of a low-self-discharge D-size NiMH, there's still a reason to use NiCDs for the emergency lights)

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far I'm on the second batch. No problems as of yet. I am using a Titanium Bc2-hu. I have no way to test for capacity. If these work out close to capacity they ought to be a good deal. However they are a little longer that a regular d. they fit in my lanterns battery holder though.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an update on these batteries.
They seem to be an excellent value. They work in everything that I've put them in. I don't know how they will hold up to high drain devices as I don't have anything at present that is high drain. But at $5 a pop I like.:D

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an update on these batteries.
They seem to be an excellent value. They work in everything that I've put them in. I don't know how they will hold up to high drain devices as I don't have anything at present that is high drain. But at $5 a pop I like.:D

nicad are known to perform really well under high drain devices...eaven better than nimh...:thumbsup:

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are regular button top d cells. The ad on the website is wrong.
However,they are slightly longer than my tenergy d cells but they fit in all of my d cell electronics.