A cheaper Acebeam K60?

Gtsteve

Newly Enlightened
I have been reading and searching for a less expensive Acebeam K60 alternative, and I really have not found one .
What have I missed? (I have already ordered the batteries.)

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been reading and searching for a less expensive Acebeam K60 alternative, and I really have not found one .
What have I missed? (I have already ordered the batteries.)

This:
[FONT=&quot]NIWALKER VOSTRO BLACK BK-FA02S CREE XHP70 4800LM 600M[/FONT]

Gtsteve

Newly Enlightened
Thanks but I think that the Niwalker actually uses an MT-G2 emitter.
I was after the XHP 70, even in a 3X 18650 perhaps.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
convoy L6, Ill start reading.

It is 2x 26650, but for around $60 give/take you will struggle to get a better quality,higher output light............even under $100 or more. Gets excellent reviews, xhp70 LED your after in a decent sized reflector. Not quite the output or throw, but to the eye its near enough an $100 cheaper.

Good luck

Gtsteve

Newly Enlightened
Good points, I prefer the shorter battery pack designs. There is so much on the market, so much to read.
I only want to buy one powerful torch in my life, and I want it to be useable too, and I want it for next to nothing.
Just kidding but I will wait for a bargain, second hand is fine. I actually do realize that I am probably better off to buy a quality one since I only do want to spend a lot once. It was only a month ago that I thought that I would never need/want to spend more than $20 aus on a torch.

ven

Flashaholic
And then it starts, 3000lm, great..............but how about 6000lm................then 15,000lm. Then we get tints and UI fussy, then different fuels,beams,uses............

Dont worry its normal, ones who dont get it are not:D

K60 wise is pretty good value as is, quite a bit of light for the money. As i may have mentioned many times, so 1 more wont hurt. Look at the k60vn with the shaved dome, stunning beam and will reach out to around 200kcd. The k60vn handles heat very well , as its a nice chunk of light, control ring is also good.

imo one of the best beams out there, bright flood, large intense hot spot..............
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?401941-K60vn-First-XHP70-Thrower
:devil:

Gtsteve

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that is an impressive pic, But I have not been allocated over $100 bucks for it.
See my back... Yes ***** whipped! I realize that I need to lower my parameters.
I'm looking now at a single XHP 50, 3 X 18650 device. That should open up the possibility of a 3000 lum OTF secondhand, surely.

harro

Enlightened
3,000 lumens is within the realms of possibility, with a pretty hard driven XHP50. Just dont get sucked in by some of the outrageous lumen claims that a lot of no-name generic manafacturers offer, for very little money. Most all of us have been there at one time or another, and have found out the hard way, that you get what you pay for......
Cheers from Shepp, Vic.

Gtsteve

Newly Enlightened
Ok Mate, I am not a collector, and I don't want to be unreasonable, but I thought that we were at that stage now.
So for a genuine OTF 2000 lum odd single emitter, 3X 18560 high discharge sanyos, short style, for not much over $100, (My back will heal.) What am I looking at in the secondhand market? I also need it to dim right down to be multi-functional too.
I do know what you mean about the outrageous cheapie claims, sometimes it seems that the less you pay the more Chinese lumens that you get.
What sort of cat is that, we have a Burman that looks similar, but with a flatter face?
Cheers Steve

ven

Flashaholic
Best bang for buck right now your back to the convoy L6 imo, you won't get better for $50/$60 right now. Klarus do a cheap pop can light, but customer service if required is as good as none existent from my experience(might have changed now ,but I will never find out).

Shorter lights look at olights r50 and r50pro along with acebeam ec50 II. Yes 26650 but compact in length an super comfy size in hand. Advantages of more in the fuel tank(mah) along with built in USB charhibg(cell supplied so a package ready to go).

camelight

Newly Enlightened
Best bang for buck right now your back to the convoy L6 imo, you won't get better for $50/$60 right now. Klarus do a cheap pop can light, but customer service if required is as good as none existent from my experience(might have changed now ,but I will never find out).

Shorter lights look at olights r50 and r50pro along with acebeam ec50 II. Yes 26650 but compact in length an super comfy size in hand. Advantages of more in the fuel tank(mah) along with built in USB charhibg(cell supplied so a package ready to go).
There is the klarus g30 but it uses mtg2 not xhp 70\50 and only 2400lm
But A very nice 3 18650 light
In the opposite of Your experience van when my tail cap broke i did get from them another one without a lot of problems

But i also think that your best option is convoy l6 it can run on 2 18650 as well but I don't know how well

ven

Flashaholic
Yes just need some delrin(or what ever plastic/nylon) spacers for the 18650's to sit inside...............plastic pipe works well!

Thats good to hear camelight, glad sorted issue free:)

Is difficult for a specific brand to be "perfect" i guess, fenix have been very good for me, others not, as with nitecore to.

Klarus g20 but single 26650

Last edited:

Gtsteve

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys,
Ven, I see the value there, but it is too big for me and Liz, We would pick up and use a zoomie instead.
Camelight I just saw that G30 too. I like it. That is a practical size for us.
I just realized that I can drop spec on the emitter because a genuine 2400 lum is probably better than the output from my $10 laticebright 18650 xml's. I thought that they were 3000 lum. But apparently they are not. Ignorance was bliss.

Sometimes when camping I need something brighter than that though. That's why I thought that I needed an xhp 50/70, but I probably don't.

Also I have about a dozen torches around the house and car. I really don't need or want that many. Although it goes against my nature to throw away anything that still works, it is a no brainer to throw away my old incan maglights isn't it? I would be too embarrassed to give them to anybody, because they are so dull. But we have not used them for years, and probably never again.

I have been very happy with the cheapies from ebay they are bright and I have never had a problem with any of them.
I just don't like going through strobe to turn them off.
And they confused me as to how bright a lumen really is. So I don't need what I thought that I needed. So sorry I misled you too.

The only thing that stops me jumping in fast to get another torch, a bright one, is that a little step up in brightness, is a big step up in money, in a compact model, anyway.
When is China going to copy an xhp50/70 in a 3X 18650 short case for $50?
Hope that you all have a happy Christmas. Cheers Steve.

LarryB

Enlightened
Take a look at Malkoff's website--he has great led upgrades for your Maglites.

Latest posts