A thread for new arrivals and etc.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I was at the ace hardware today and was surprised to see they had quite a few krypton bulbs. No 6 cell unfortunately so I bought a pack of 3 cell to try out. Never used krypton bulbs before, at least not since I learned that there are different kinds of bulbs.

42044221-064E-482C-9BFD-D9EBC0FF9B71.jpeg

rrego

Enlightened
Some goodies for the 3c build and I threw in the aaa minimag with the order. Sleek little light, I like it.

View attachment 39082

I got the 6 cell bulbs to try with 2x li-ions. They work nicely, but the bi pin adapter doesn't seem to seat as far in as the krypton bulbs, so it can't focus the beam as well. This beamshot is the max focus I can get. Is that normal with these adapters?

View attachment 39081View attachment 39083
The bi-pin adapters do work. I have them on older and newer Mags. Try again at a later time and confirm.

I do like running the 6 cell bi-pin bulbs, though I prefer the two PR based bulbs I was able to score a few years back.

My favorite though is the Mag bi-pin adapter running a Tad Customs 7212 bulb. It's nice.

It is a 7212 bulb originally for the Surefire M3 drop-in socket, but it worked on the Mag bi-pin holder. I thought it would not work due to shorter bi-pins, but it did end up working.

Cool 🔦 set up with a KD OP reflector.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen two E2o generations with flat sides, one with a smooth Elite bezel, the second with crens but the bezel was black (head still HA). Not positive, and it does not matter, but that may not be the original head. Or tailcap, unless I am mistaken, flat sides E Series usually came with z52. But the serial is not low, so who knows?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Head on that one looks original to me. Shouldn't have a black bezel on any of them, but sometimes the anodizing mismatch was so great, the darker type III nat looked almost black. I'm sure they were just pulling them out of parts bins and screwing together whatever. And I honestly like the two tone look on the early lights. One thing I've noticed about the earlier E2O's is that the head was often not as tall as a typical E2E. Not sure why this pops up on many E2O's I've seen.

I have pretty much all variations of the E2O NIB. Earliest was the smooth head with 2 flats body, and Z52 LOTC. Later came the semi-crenulated head with 2 flats body and Z52 LOTC. Then there were variations of it with semi-crenulated head and 2 flats body with either Z57 or Z52 LOTC. Last version replace the 2 flats with the round body. Most of those came with Z57's, but I believe I have one that has the round body and Z52 LOTC. I believe towards the end of the run they were just using up whatever parts they had on hand and doing a mix match.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not long ago Maglite had 2C and 3C incan's in the clearance section. There's no clearance section there today. But I bought a 2C there summer of 22 for $12.
Heck, even zbattery doesn't show incan C cell Maglites aside from the ML25. I struck out at Amazon too. It's like they all just disappeared one day.
Weird.
4C? You can find those all over the place.

A fun, reversable mod is get 1" pvc schedule 80 pipe for a gap filler, 2 18650 batteries and a 6 cell bulb for a nice incan thrower. About 175 or so lumens. It's like a 7C in a smaller package.
One of my favorite lights

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bi-pin adapters do work. I have them on older and newer Mags. Try again at a later time and confirm.

I do like running the 6 cell bi-pin bulbs, though I prefer the two PR based bulbs I was able to score a few years back.

My favorite though is the Mag bi-pin adapter running a Tad Customs 7212 bulb. It's nice.

It is a 7212 bulb originally for the Surefire M3 drop-in socket, but it worked on the Mag bi-pin holder. I thought it would not work due to shorter bi-pins, but it did end up working.

Cool 🔦 set up with a KD OP reflector.
This is a truly fantastic bulb. It throws such a tight beam. It's even better in one of those mag 25it twist head 2c lights running 2x18500 or 3x cr123a in a sleeve. I bought five of them and the 1st is still running

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I was sorting our plumbing scrap last week and there were some automatic flush valve handles which take four c cells a piece, so I salvaged the cells before throwing away the automatic handles (not enough brass in them to dissect, if any). Tested by voltage and sorted accordingly most of them are still useable in the 1.3-1.4v range.

IMG_8086.jpeg

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
My latest acquisition was this very nice, like new C3 Centurion with that special tailstanding cap. With the standard P90 LA, which I will definitely not change. That beam is SOOO nice :)

One of my two favorite Surefire lights ever made!!! Very nice. P90's are awesome too.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at the ace hardware today and was surprised to see they had quite a few krypton bulbs. No 6 cell unfortunately so I bought a pack of 3 cell to try out. Never used krypton bulbs before, at least not since I learned that there are different kinds of bulbs.

I used to have the xenon 2 cell version of those Dorcy bulbs in an old Rayovac for years until the batteries corroded the light out one day. It was pretty bright. I would try that 3 cell krypton in a 4C or 4D light.. I'll bet it will have some great brightness, provided it doesn't flash right away.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lucky. I've had one. Didn't last too long on 2 18650s. But was nice while I did. I'd love to go back and not run it on them. Oh well. Maybe I'll come across another. It's more light than I really ever need. But was fun 15 years ago

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Awesome score!!
Those were only 25 lumens?
They sure look brighter than that to mine eyes. I figured 50-60 lumens.

I read somewhere they're around 40 lumens with fresh cells. I believe it.

If there's little to no ambient light around the mn02 is just about perfect.