Remember DM51 thread on rechargeable M6 options?

325addict

Enlightened
I think all older CPF members remember the truly excellent thread DM51 made on rechargeable options for the M6. You don't know it? You can find it here:

He came up with 10 different bulbs for the M6, three of which were way too hard driven to be practical and one that actually didn't fit. So, 6 bulbs that were a great option.

Now, I just ran through my bulb options for the M6 and came up with no less than... 19(!) different practical(!) bulbs, 10 for 2-cell setups and 9 for 3-cell setups. From a moderate WA bulb that has 6V / 0.64A to the mighty FM1909 with 11.5V / 5.5A(!) and a lot in between. I've planned for years to do a similar thread as DM51 made, but somehow, every time something comes in between. Now, it's summer and simply too much light outside...

Attachments

• IMG_7030.JPG
    IMG_7030.JPG
    511.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_7031.JPG
    IMG_7031.JPG
    470.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_7032.JPG
    IMG_7032.JPG
    382.8 KB · Views: 80

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thanks for the assist! I still have my SF M6, and the custom rechargeable battery carrier for it.

325addict

Enlightened
Thanks for the assist! I still have my SF M6, and the custom rechargeable battery carrier for it.
I have no less than 5 pieces of the 2X 18650 holders, I think made by Mdocod and two of those... well, works of art from FiveMega, holding 3 pieces 16670 for 3-cell setups. Apart from that, multiple FM and Tad Customs bipin to MN adapters to use all those WA and Carley and Tad Customs bulbs... all because of that thread DM51 made. I saw the endless possibilites of the M6 once you would go the rechargeable way!
IMG_7041.JPG

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I think all older CPF members remember the truly excellent thread DM51 made on rechargeable options for the M6. You don't know it? You can find it here:

He came up with 10 different bulbs for the M6, three of which were way too hard driven to be practical and one that actually didn't fit. So, 6 bulbs that were a great option.

Now, I just ran through my bulb options for the M6 and came up with no less than... 19(!) different practical(!) bulbs, 10 for 2-cell setups and 9 for 3-cell setups. From a moderate WA bulb that has 6V / 0.64A to the mighty FM1909 with 11.5V / 5.5A(!) and a lot in between. I've planned for years to do a similar thread as DM51 made, but somehow, every time something comes in between. Now, it's summer and simply too much light outside...
Awesome to see this thread. I recently moved and need to sort and get a tally of all my custom incan bulbs of which I have many that I used in my bulb testing spreadsheets. I also need to update my Photobucket account so everyone can see the larger versions of those. Soon