Acebeam EC50 initial impressions

ckellyme3

Newly Enlightened
Update to this train wreck.

Have been talking to Chris from Acebeam and Billzeng from lightmalls.com. Basically all 5 EC50's that lightmalls has are doing the same thing so they stopped selling them. Which is curious because they argued with me for 2 days that my light was fine and it was a battery issue if anything. They only discovered all 5 of their lights were bad when my video went up.

Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HMnryd0WDk&app=desktop

Chris from Acebeam wants me to delete my video and take down my comments here about Acebeam AND send my light to them in China before I will get my refund... He has admitted in email there is an issue with some of the initial released EC50's, but still wants me to return my light which will take a month or better until he refunds me....

Lessons here

F*** Acebeam. This is horrible customer service and quality control at best. These lights should have been thoroughly tested before released and I should have HAD my money back already for dealing with this BS.

Don't be the first to buy a fresh released flashlight (or really any product). I had to learn this the hard way. I should of did what I normally do and review the product for several days if not weeks and then decide to purchase or not.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update to this train wreck.

Have been talking to Chris from Acebeam and Billzeng from lightmalls.com. Basically all 5 EC50's that lightmalls has are doing the same thing so they stopped selling them. Which is curious because they argued with me for 2 days that my light was fine and it was a battery issue if anything. They only discovered all 5 of their lights were bad when my video went up.

Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HMnryd0WDk&app=desktop

Chris from Acebeam wants me to delete my video and take down my comments here about Acebeam AND send my light to them in China before I will get my refund... He has admitted in email there is an issue with some of the initial released EC50's, but still wants me to return my light which will take a month or better until he refunds me....

Lessons here

F*** Acebeam. This is horrible customer service and quality control at best. These lights should have been thoroughly tested before released and I should have HAD my money back already for dealing with this BS.

Don't be the first to buy a fresh released flashlight (or really any product). I had to learn this the hard way. I should of did what I normally do and review the product for several days if not weeks and then decide to purchase or not.

Is Acebeam willing to pay the return shipping costs? If not I would call your credit card company and place the purchase in dispute.

shk

Newly Enlightened
As far as i know lightmalls is not an acebeam authorized dealer, so they won't be able to provide warranty support and highly your product is actually not covered. And the purpose they took the product down fast and informed you that all their stock are also broken (big bs) probably is because they don't want any more "information" out.
Acebeam makes great quality of flashlight, and of course no production batch is always perfect, you just bought it at the wrong place and received a bad light.
So take it if Acebeam still want to honor the warranty and refund the money.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as i know lightmalls is not an acebeam authorized dealer, so they won't be able to provide warranty support and highly your product is actually not covered. And the purpose they took the product down fast and informed you that all their stock are also broken (big bs) probably is because they don't want any more "information" out.
Acebeam makes great quality of flashlight, and of course no production batch is always perfect, you just bought it at the wrong place and received a bad light.
So take it if Acebeam still want to honor the warranty and refund the money.

Bad batch, understandable. That response from the Acebeam rep, unacceptable. I'm pissed off just reading it second hand. I don't see it as a good faith effort to make things right. Acebeam should send OP a replacement free of charge or issue a full unconditional refund, and openly acknowledge the problem in the batch and clearly state the steps that will be taken to rectify it.

shk

Newly Enlightened
Bad batch, understandable. That response from the Acebeam rep, unacceptable. I'm pissed off just reading it second hand. I don't see it as a good faith effort to make things right. Acebeam should send OP a replacement free of charge or issue a full unconditional refund, and openly acknowledge the problem in the batch and clearly state the steps that will be taken to rectify it.

Agree, for that matter, the OP should get better response and solution :)

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you checked the tailcap where it has a retaining ring with two holes. See if the retaining ring is loose at all where that can cause a bad connection.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam EC50 initial impressions:

This topic thread is only second from the top of this section of this forum, but three weeks old.

I got mine a few days ago, and all is ok/fine/works great. I love the irresistibly attractive power/size ratio. The beam pattern is as expected from the reflector diameter.

This light is both subjectively and objectively much brighter than similar size light in my collection, and also slightly brighter than a heavier, bulkier light in my collection. (MMU-X3 and SX25L3 MTG2)

The original poster cross-posted his issue in three (3) different topic threads in three different sections of this forum. I am only going to post my happy initial impressions with this light in this one post, because I do not like to spam the board. I hope the problem with his light was fixed.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had good results buying lights from goinggear. I ordered a Spark SL5 210CW about 3.5 years ago, it is the XP-G version of the SL5. I got it in, but the side switch had an obviously softer spring than the rear switch(both switches are supposed to be identical in form and function). So I called goinggear, and he had me send the light back to him for warranty repair, but apparently after speaking with me, he talked with someone at Spark, and they told him to just send me a new light. Thing was, I had only returned the light to him, not the holster or accessories. Then he called me the next day and told me he had the XM-l U2 version of the SL5, and offered to send it to me. Apparently Spark weren't even concerned with having me return all the accessories that came with the 1st light, and they let me keep them along with the new accessories that came with the new light.

Since then I've never had an issue with the SL5 220CW that replaced the first SL5. Plus I've got 2 holsters and accessory packs! Later, I bought a Fenix TK41 from goinggear, which had a switch that intermittently failed to work every once in 4-5 attempts, so he had me return it and swapped it for a new TK41.

The owner is a nice guy, and the store is reliable.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this got posted in the wrong manufacturer. Goinggear does not sell Acebeam.
I've had good results buying lights from goinggear. I ordered a Spark SL5 210CW about 3.5 years ago, it is the XP-G version of the SL5. I got it in, but the side switch had an obviously softer spring than the rear switch(both switches are supposed to be identical in form and function). So I called goinggear, and he had me send the light back to him for warranty repair, but apparently after speaking with me, he talked with someone at Spark, and they told him to just send me a new light. Thing was, I had only returned the light to him, not the holster or accessories. Then he called me the next day and told me he had the XM-l U2 version of the SL5, and offered to send it to me. Apparently Spark weren't even concerned with having me return all the accessories that came with the 1st light, and they let me keep them along with the new accessories that came with the new light.

Since then I've never had an issue with the SL5 220CW that replaced the first SL5. Plus I've got 2 holsters and accessory packs! Later, I bought a Fenix TK41 from goinggear, which had a switch that intermittently failed to work every once in 4-5 attempts, so he had me return it and swapped it for a new TK41.

The owner is a nice guy, and the store is reliable.